Wednesday, October 20, 2010

*&%$ My Kids Say

Christmas Eve 2007
Don't kids say the absolute funniest things? I try to write them down, I really do. I need to dig out my kids journals to get to the really good ones, but I've got a few that I remember off the top of my head. I expect you all to share your great ones with me after reading these!

Violet, 3 1/2 years old, to her grandmother, upon seeing a whole, raw chicken: "Look, gramma! The chicken has a 'gina!" (as in vagina)

Sarah, 4 years 11 months, last night, to her father, as she is upstairs where she is supposed to be sleeping but we can hear her singing her heart out at the top of her lungs:
Daddy: "Sarah, are you being quiet?"
Sarah: "Yes, Daddy."
Daddy: "Are you sleeping?"
Sarah: "Yes, Daddy."
Daddy: "Can you sleep quieter?"
Sarah: *big sigh* "I'll try."

Violet,  3 1/2 years old, with her Grandmother and Grandfather in the room, about a day after the infamous 'gina comment, upon seeing a video of her newly born baby brother: "oooohhh!! Looook, Daddy!! He has a little penis!! . . . Just like you!"

Sarah, 3 years old, while taking a bath with John, 2 years old: "That is a peanut John. I have a 'gina. 'Cuz I'ma gurl and you're a boy. Boys got peanuts and gurls gots 'ginas. When you get big you can get a 'gina. Maybe."

John, 3 1/2 years old, in response to his Grannys question about their nightly massage:
Granny: "What do you want me to rub first?" (in her defense, the answer is usually, My fweet my fweet!)
John, matter of factly: "My penis."

After reading this I can see that my family is obsessed with penis's and vagina's. Nice.

I showed you mine, now show me yours!!

As always, comments make my heart siiiiiing!!

Kim

4 comments:

  1. Those are great! I can't wait till Bella can talk! My favorite was teaching preschool when a little boy who was naughty had to sit in the corner. He started crying, then looked up angrily and said, "Teacher Diana, I'm going to write you an unkind letter."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha!
    You know what they say, the apples don't fall far from the tree!


    One of my favorite lines was, said by an angelic looking 7 year old currently serving a time out: "You can make me sit down; but you can't break my spirit!"

    ~linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahahaha your kids sound like little comedians! What every little boy wants - to grow up and *maybe* also grow a vagina.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOOOL! I laughed my behind off

    ReplyDelete