Monday, December 27, 2010

It's A Christmas Miracle!

I do believe there was a Christmas miracle at my home this year. I? Was the cool Aunt. I know. Let me explain.

My sister in law, Elaine, gave me "Vampire's Suck" for my birthday. She knows my, uhm, affection for the Twilight series and had sent me the link for the trailer in November. I roared. I love the movies, but I also recognize that they are sometimes . . .painful. So after we finished laughing over the gift, I told her I couldn't wait to watch it. A little while later my 11 year old niece, Elizabeth wandered over to me. Elizabeth is a riot. She can kill with a glance. At 11. She is quick witted, funny, intelligent and has a sharp tongue that while at times inappropriate, (which her parents keep in check) is spot on. She has not always been my biggest fan. So when she stopped next to me, I noticed.

"Auntie Kim, before I go back to school, can we have a 'Vampire's Suck' night and watch the movie together?"

I played it cool, don't worry.

"Yes!! Yes we can!! BUT what if we watched 'Twilight' first, then 'Vampire's Suck' and totally made it a girls night?!"

She squealed, I squealed.

"Are you Team Jacob or Team Edward?" She asked.

"I'm Team Me" I answered, then realized that maybe I was the one being inappropriate. But she giggled.

"And then we can watch 'Vampire's Suck' and did you see in the previews how they sing 'It's Raining Men' (she totally rocks out the song) and dance (and she slaps her bum) and it is so funny! And the one group of vampires? They go, "Do you know who we are?" and the guy says, "The Black Eyed Peas?" and they're like, "Why does everybody say that?" and I'm all, "haaahahhaaha!!"

And I'm thinking, does she even know who the Black Eyed Peas are? And then I think, I don't care, because she wants to spend time with me. Me. She wants to hang out, watch a couple movies, be silly and girly and giggle.

So I jumped up and down with her, all giggly like and said we'd definitely watch the movies together.

And I am so excited about it.

3 comments:

  1. You ARE the cool aunt because I have no idea what any of that stuff is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's totally awesome! Also, agreed, I could never be the cool aunt because I have NO idea what any of that stuff is. I have to import girlie help for my daughters.
    Love,
    Kit

    ReplyDelete