Saturday, February 12, 2011

Blogging Is Complicated

Who ever said 'just make a blog' is crazy. This is some hard stuff! More later. . .

It's later. This is my first post here on WordPress. Well, it's my second, but you couldn't see my first because I totally messed it up. I imported it from blogger, then thought I didn't need it, so I deleted it, but it posted through NetworkBlogs, so when you clicked on it from Face Book you were directed into a black hole in the weboshpere. Then I totally panicked, pulled my hair out, ran around the house frantically looking for the phone, which was right were it belonged, on the charger, called the blogging goddess, Diana, and she talked me down. Turns out you can't just post, import, delete and let NetworkBlogs publish a link that you've deleted. Things get all sideways and wonky if you do. 45 minutes later she'd taken me through widgets and html code, feedburner feeds and syndications. I'm not completely sure, but I think I can launch the next space shuttle. I know she can.

So, here we are. I still have some stuff to add in, some posts to label, some navigating to figure out. I hope you'll come along with me and check out what's going on around here :)

5 comments:

  1. Grace, thanks so much for your comment! You're my first commenter over here! So, this is my first time attempting to respond, as well! We'll see how it goes :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the new look and those nomable baby feet are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol! Thanks, Noelle! The feet are my kids feet -- well, two of the three. We didn't have a digital camera when our oldest was young enough to get photos of small, unmoving feet! I was thinking of your food today . .

    ReplyDelete
  4. The new site looks great! That line was so hilarious "I think I can launch the next space shuttle"! Ain't that the truth?!

    So,the cake....Yes, they're wilton supplies. I'm all ears! I'd love to know which things you've tried and either loved or hated. That was my first attempt with an actual icing spatula thingy. Oh my gosh! Completely different than frosting w/ a butter knife! Go figure, huh

    ReplyDelete