Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Where I Say "Thank You & OMG It's Happening" All At Once

Don't click out because you think this post is about Josh Groban. It's not. Really. *rolls eyes.* (But This post is. And so is this one. )

I'm leaving this morning for my annual girls weekend. Four girls and I sit around for four days and talk all things crazy, play silly board games, catch up on a year of kids, romances (three of the five of us are single), and yes, Josh Groban. Although, to be fair, he is the last thing we discuss.

Except this year.

This year we go to The Concert.

*squeals like a 13 year old* *shut up, I know I'm 38* *nobody asked you*

You must understand, that these girls, these women, are awesome. Awesome with a side of awesome sauce. Before we met -- in person (because, yes, I met them on line.) I was hospitalized for depression for the first time. I told them. And they didn't run. In fact one of them, Karen, met me just a few months later. Alone. The other three kind of shrugged their shoulders and said, "Yeah, stuff happens. Are you alright? What can we do from out here in the interwebs?"

And then they spent long evenings and late nights chatting with me on AOL Messenger -- and no, not all about Josh. I got a care package. Phone calls. So many, many  laughs.

Support, that's what I received. So much of it.

And when I went into hospital the second time, they continued to support me. I met them in person, a few short weeks after. They hugged me and showered me with love. We giggled and talked and giggled some more. They treated me as though I was normal. (ha!)

So, this morning I pack up and drive to Pennsylvania to join Karen, Linda, Mal and Keren. We'll stay up late talking about all things silly and serious. We'll play Dirty Pictionary. We'll exchange funny gifts with each other. On Friday we will get dressed up big time, get lookin' all hot, take tons of pictures and go to the concert together. And I? Will totally cry. Not because I'm seeing Josh Groban. But because I'm with these girls.

Thank you. I love you all.

 

16 comments:

  1. Awww, thanks for making us cry in the middle of the bowling alley while watching Nick bowl in his league. We can't WAIT for the next few days to start!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kinda feel like yelling, "DIBS ON KIM" right now. :p

    Have an amazing time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. have a fab weekend, you deserve it. my annual october trip is a group of "internet" friends. we've been at each other's beck & call for like 5 years :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How great to have such a support group of girlies!
    Have a super time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just started reading your blogs and loving it. What a talented and amazing cousin I have. I will be a forever fan.

    ReplyDelete
  6. :) I say you and I schedule a girls weekend next!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That sounds like a blast! Isn't it great how the internet has made the world so much smaller? The 5 of us come from Ohio, Massachutes, Pennsylvania, Texas and Delaware. Such fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We are having SUCH fun and laughs!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks, Linda. I appreciate it much!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ahhh -- I'm not so very far away!!! :(
    I live in Ontario, Canada, not all that far from the US border.
    It sounds great! Hope you have a stupendous time.
    Jodi

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jodi-- it was BEYOND stupendous. He talked to us. You must read today and see what happened. ::squeals all over again::

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG, you must read what happened! Go back and read today!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Momma, you must read what happened. Josh? Talked.to.me. Yeah. Amazeballs.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Have you seen him yet in "Crazy. Stupid. Love.?" I kept thinking, there is an actor who looks like Josh Groban, but Josh Groban is better looking, " and it was him!
    It's a good movie.
    Jodi

    ReplyDelete
  15. You so need to do stuff like this for you. And I need to take my own advice and eventually do this too. Oh wait, that could be BlogHer12...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yes it could! And then you, Diana and me could all room together!! Ahh, sweet girl time!

    ReplyDelete