Monday, August 1, 2011

I Have Great Moves. And Wave Like Prince William.

And I'll take it. I'll so take it.

Because Josh Groban said those words to me. Yes.he.did.

::headexplosion:: A thousand million large ::headexplolsions::

You know I went to the Josh Groban concert on Friday night. If you don't? You've been living under a rock. And? I went to the Josh Groban concert on Friday night. I've been saying since we bought our ticket that they were so incredible, I could wave and he'd wave back. And I did. And then he did. ::no words::

I'm dying all over again.

Wells Fargo Arena on Friday night. It was amazing. Obviously. The man talked to us. So, yeah, pretty amazing, duh. We knew he'd answer three texts from the crowd, so we prepared our questions on the way.

When we got there? I panicked and couldn't get mine worded right. So I sent in Mal's. (Which I totally owned up to immediately.)She sent it as well, but it didn't go through. The time came for the Q and A portion of the show. He answered two texts, it was cute. Funny. We laughed. Then this happened. My thoughts are in red.

He says, "The next question is from Kim *how funny, her name is Kim. We'll totally laugh about this later, like, he was totally talking to me!* in section 114 *huh, that's our section. Too fun!* row one" *wait, that's us.* seat 3 *omgomgomgomgJosh Groban is right there looking at US at US at me he's looking at me! He sees me. He picked me he chose me he loves me OMG OMG OMG. I should stop jumping up and down now. I should stop screaming. I should totally stop screaming. I should stop. Really. I.should.just.stop.

I instantly became a 16 year old fan girl at a Justin Bieber concert. And I loved every minute of it. (But I do not want to see any video of my reaction. No, just no.)

His reaction, to my reaction? Uhm . . . yeah. He was a bit, surprized? See, we were really close. He'd already seen us. And then I literaly jumped around and waved my arms like I was the next contestant on the Price Is Right. I'm sure he saw me and thought, "Awe.some. This is my target audience?  The 38 year old moms who use my music as a soundtrack for make out sessions with their husbands. Yaaaayyy. . "

The five of us screamed so loud, all at once, that our voices carried across the arena. And he thought it was just me, my voice, that loud. Excellent. I mean, I went insane. Totally and completely lost it. But even I couldn't do that without a little help. And I had help, yes I did.  

The coolest thing is, this happened to us, the five of us. We planned this concert for almost 4 years. He chose our question, talked to me, I answered him, and he did it. A Josh Groban concert isn't exactly the event for the wave. It was epic.

Here's the video, from YouTube. It's not our video, because this is a better angle and shorter. And you can hear him better in this video. Because you know, I'm not screaming like I just saw Elvis and he gave me his sweat soaked scarf *gags*
http://youtu.be/RSuB8zbeGk0

But after my text with Josh Groban? I was totally fine with him ending the show with You Raise Me Up. Totally.

32 comments:

  1. AAAAAHHHHHHH!!!! When I watched this yesterday I was laughing and cheering all at the same time!! YAY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhhhh, so jealous. Kim, did you ever know that you're my heeeeeerooooo? ;) So glad you girls got to do this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cool!! What a "once in a lifetime" moment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I dont' think I'll ever get tired of watching this video. Just wish someone had one of YOU! ROFL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahahaha!!! That's so cool. I love how absolutely discombobulated your question made him. How was the Wave? Can't wait to hear all about it in person!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this post. Love that I got to witness your total excitement and help you scream. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. EEEK! That is so awesome! I bet your wave is super cute, just like Josh!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is awesome. Just awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't see the video at work, but I would pay good money to see the video of you freaking out.

    That is truly an amazing concert experience :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. John, I fear we scared the poor man! I keep trolling YouTube, scared that somehow I'll be there in the background of someone's vid. More video's are popping up but I'm still safe! Of course, you can hear US scream on all of them. We had an amazing time -- and just like the fan girl I said I was, I'm going again in November :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm still reeling! Or as we say, "Josh-wasted!"

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOL, I'm not so sure. Did you watch the vid?? Yeah .. . his imitation of my wave? Spot on. I was FREAKING out.

    ReplyDelete
  13. We had such an amazing time!! I'm so thrilled that we were all together -- that's what made it special. Looking around and seeing all of us. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh no, there is no need to see THAT hot mess. In the far recesses of my mind I registered a photogoher walking away from the stage, on our side, as Josh ran down the center, and I thought, even then, "HOLY SHIT. Tell me he didn't take pix of this!"

    ReplyDelete
  15. It really was. So amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOL!! And I am just a (wo) man, a (wo)man who is . . . screaming insanely. Was that not CRAZY??

    ReplyDelete
  17. Too surreal. Too insane. It still doesn't feel real.

    ReplyDelete
  18. omgomgomgomgomg! There.are.no.words!!!! That's just awesome

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ok, I had to re-watch the video (of course!). Maybe it's just me, but it totally sounds like he says "I like your boobs" LOL! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm still in disbelief!

    ReplyDelete
  21. AHHHHHHH!!!! Kim!!! This is soooo awesome!!!!!!!

    I totally want to see that video of you! Totally!

    ReplyDelete
  22. PS Just watched the video....THAT.WAS.AWESOME!

    Too bad you couldn't text him links to your blog posts about him! lol

    ReplyDelete
  23. My phone won't stream this right now, but as a fellow obsesser, I mean music lover, I am so freaking excited this happened for you. Like really really. That is so awesome! So glad you enjoyed this with your girlfriends. And there's totally nothing wrong with screaming like a teenager. How else will they notice you? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Did you go back and watch? Because you MUST, my fellow music lover. :) You'll love it.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I know! Wasn't it insane?? I still can't believe it. So crazy. *sigh* Poor man. :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. There is NO vid of me, thank the sweet lord. It would be a HOT mess. When I tell you I lost my mind? Not even kidding. When he teases me for my wave? He totally had reason to. :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. [...] when Josh and I had our little conversation? Yeah. Kinda like that.  When each of them agreed there was definite screaming and jumping [...]

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh my gosh, I'm so happy that you had an awesome Josh Groban experience! I've been a fan since I was in junior high. I went to the Moline and Chicago shows and loved him. It's always exciting when he picks your text, or you win an M&G or something like that. I have yet to get my chance with one of those prizes, but I did get to tell him in person that I thought he was hot when I went to one of his album signings. Most people thought I was out of my mind, but it was one of the best days of my life! Glad to see another Grobanite excited about a cool experience!!

    ReplyDelete