Tuesday, November 16, 2010

The World According To Sarah

Of my three kids, Sarah has the most vivid imagination and the quickest come backs. She is by far the wittiest and the one that cracks us up the most. She listens and remembers everything. Far beyond what the other two notice and remember. I've been looking in her journal lately, reading about all that she has to say. Here are some of her finer moments:










see those lines? That's the 'flute'

* When she was 'little' and not feeling well, she would say, "I have the flute around my eyes." This somehow was from Charlie Brown and his eyes. .

* Thumb -toes. These are your big toes.

* Girls have 'ginas and boys have horns.
* Yogurt map -- what you do yoga on. A Yoga Mat. 










Watch out! He wants your music!

* Germ And Chocolate Cake. AKA German Chocolate cake. No wonder she won't ever eat it.

*  "See that man? That's Barak Obama. He steals all our money."

*" I've lost my CD! That man Barak Obama must have it."

*  (said while in a public restroom with her uncle. Her uncle that does not have children, but was traveling with her. Alone.) Uncle B! My daddy has a 'gina just like you!"
* But my favorite, by far, happened just this past summer. On our way to the beach we saw satellite dishes. When I pointed them out to everyone Sarah informed me that they were . . . well, watch for yourself.

 

What did your child say that you loved?

And YES, this idea was definitely inspired by Kate and Lydia!

8 comments:

  1. LOL! the cutest little thing

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet. I love her little voice!!

    Buddy referred to pancakes as "pamcakes" and vampires as "vampirates." I'm so bummed that he now pronounces them right. Just like Buster and his, "I lub you" and "tebby bear." I hate them growing up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet little voice! I would still eat German chocolate cake even if it was Germ & Chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's adorable. Her explanation reminds me of Christmas Eve on Sesame Street...they ask all these little kids how Santa fits down the chimney and they come up with these really complicated answers that, to them, make complete sense.

    Precious. I love this post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, when we were potty training Nick, he would sit on the toilet with a book. One day he says, "Daddy can I have another book? This one doesn't make the poop come out!"

    -Karen

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG. That is HILARIOUS. Sorry but um, totally laughed at the Obama one :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Diana @Hormonal ImbalancesNovember 17, 2010 at 8:52 PM

    This was too cute. I loved the 'gina comments.

    Kids and their literal way of thinking crack me up. Sometimes I wonder what they hear, misunderstand, and never tell us about. And how long they think that way for.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My kids said the cutest things. Like "a tickset a tackset, a green and yellow backset" . . . she was "just a little grill" . . . and everything was "a attcident daddy". Then there was the day she told her daddy that she had "another daddy" that "goes out the back door and hides under the house when you come home" . . .that was a good one. (turner out she wanted to have two daddies like some other kids at preschool, so she invented an extra one. whew!)

    ReplyDelete