Thursday, February 10, 2011

Stollen From Kit

Top 10 Things That Have Me Laugh  . .  . (and yeah, I totally stole this post idea from Kit at Blogging Dangerously. She's a blogging diva. Judge me.)

1. We were all in the mall last week and a sales woman walked by. Her teeth were . . .not so hot. It looked like one was missing because they were crooked. Sarah piped up, "Hey! You lost a tooth! Did the tooth fairy visit you?"

2. My husband had the kids in the front room watching 'Cars' the other night. I hear the music, the giggles. Then John's rough little voice, "Low and slow, baby. Low and slow."

3. This video, shared on Face Book this morning.



4. I took the girls to get their hair cut yesterday. We walk in and there's a Rolling Stone magazine lying there with Lil' Wayne on the cover. He's all tatted up in prison tat's, low slung jeans with his boxers hanging out, dreads, the nasty sullen look on his face and throwing gang signs. Sarah walks past it, flips her finger across it and says, "What's up with that?"

5. Violet and I argued for 15 minutes last night over how to spell the word 'poem.' I am 38 years old. She is 7 1/2. I'm *pretty* sure I got this. She was *pretty* sure I didn't. Apparently it's spelled 'pome' and even the Webster dictionary that I had her look it up in was wrong. Stupid Websters and it's 100+ years of spelling things. She went on to teach me the correct spellings of 'Martin' -- there is no 'i' and 'against' -- it's actually spelled 'agenst.' Oh, and it's not 'Jim Crow Laws.' It's something like, 'jimlowaws.' In case you, too, are uneducated.

6. As Sarah sat down to get her hair cut, the lady swung the smock around her and had this hideously long, black, claw-like nails. I saw Sarah's eyes following them. I saw her mouth open. I was helpless. Sarah said, "Hey! You are a witch!"

7. While we were waiting to get our hair cut, the kids were looking at hair magazines. I was looking at 'Lil Wayne. What? I like the fantastically weird.

8. As the kids were looking at the magazines I hear Sarah (of course) say, "Wow. She is hawt." I said, "Uhm, WHAT?" She said, "This lady. She.is.Hawt. Really haaawwt, Mom." And yeah, she was saying 'hot' just like that. Then she showed me the picture and said, "See? Her shirt is red. Like it's on fire. She is so hot!"

9. When Sarah said, "Wow. She is hawt." John's little head snapped around so fast he dropped his magazine. He's four.

10. I was talking to my dear friend and blogging goddess, Diana, on the phone, yesterday. We were talking about limiting television time. Then Sarah and John ran into the room screaming to watch iCarly.

7 comments:

  1. I hadn't seen the Family Feud video...that is high-larious! Snaggle tooth woman, witchy nail woman, Lil Wayne...sounds like you are not lacking for the fantastically weird.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Devan @ Accustomed ChaosFebruary 10, 2011 at 11:42 AM

    oh i needed a laugh today. thanks!! ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Diana @Hormonal ImbalancesFebruary 10, 2011 at 11:44 AM

    LOL. I LOVED the part about John whipping his head about. Why? Why do they have to know this instinctively?

    And no judging here. My kid watches Jon and Kate and adores them. I sit feeling all guilty about Kate yelling at Jon to clean up his mess/stop breathing/play with the kids/be someone else and Bella sits in rapture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Branson @ Reflection of SomethingFebruary 10, 2011 at 12:08 PM

    Sarah sounds like quite the character! We were foster parents to my sister's kids when they were 4 and 5 and we had no parenting experience of our own, so I remember the shock at our first "kids tell it like it is" experience! We took them to eat chinese right after we got them(they had never had it and they were begging like they thought it was the coolest thing on earth) and we walked in and Freedom pretty much YELLED "I didn't know there would be real live Chinese people here!" and it went downhill from there... I pretty much wanted to crawl in a hole and die when she looked at a very round man and said "You must a lot of chinese food!" Quite the introduction welcome to parenting in public.

    ReplyDelete
  5. #5!!! This same scenario plays out in my home (and car) ALL the time :) And then I say something equally mature like "Well why did you ask me if you were just going to argue with me!?"

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love #4. Because I think that every time I look at Lil Wayne.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there, excellent content in your webpage! I hope you keep posting this top quality reports Thank you:)

    ReplyDelete