Thursday, March 10, 2011

Winning!!

About a month ago I won my first ever blog contest! I was excited in a completely insane manner for two reasons: 1) I won the coolest product ever.  2) I won over at Who is Papa K? and he is just a rocking star of a dad, husband and blogger. (seriously. If you've never been to his place, you have to go over there. Like now. But come back, OK? 'Course, he's so cool, you could totally stay forever)


I won tattoo ID's for kids from TattooID -- which is just pure genius. Last summer we took the kids to Idle Wood and I wrote my phone number on the kids with a sharpie. A sharpie. Violet was not happy with me. (I think she wanted purple and I only had black.)

[caption id="attachment_476" align="alignleft" width="150" caption="Tattoo ID Rocks!"][/caption]

This summer I'll have some awesome tattoo's for them to wear.

When I won, Chis, at Papa K, but me in touch with Steven, the founder of TattooID. I visited the website and then? I.fell.in.love.

The founder of the company, Steven, is 18. Yes, 18. As in years old. He started the company through a program with his school, and chose this product because he has a five year old brother who "likes to run away" and he wanted to make him safe. This is right on so many, many levels. Here is an 18 year old kid looking out for his baby brother -- how wonderful! And, again, he's 18. And a guy. When I was 18 I'm pretty sure the guys I hung out with weren't thinking of temporary tattoo's for kids . . . So, I really, really like Steven.

The other night we took John out for his birthday to Oasis, a local indoor playground of sorts. I inked up the kids and off we went. The love, love, love the tattoo's.  Steven has a bunch of different theme's to chose from, then you just input your child's initials and the phone number you want used.  I have 5 tat's for each kid -- which will not last me the summer. So I'm totally buying more. That's how much I love them!  So take a minute and click on over to TattooID and check them out.

10 comments:

  1. What a great idea! And I love that the guy who started it is 18.

    I don't have kids but maybe I should put one on J when we go out to a bar...you know, in case he wanders off after a few too many beers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these! And what a great idea, I'm always panicked Bella is about to take off somewhere now that she can walk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate to be a party-pooper (really I do) but it is my understanding that putting anything on a child which I identifies them by name is discouraged, as this information could be used by predators to gain the child's trust.
    I tried looking on the site of The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children to see if I could confirm that advice, but was unable to track down the information.
    Jodi

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have got to get some of those tattoo IDs. I think they are genius!

    Congrats on winning! I've only won 2 giveaways so far & I'm about host one on my site. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jodi - not poo-ing on the party! I should have included that you put the tattoo's under your kids clothing so it's not visible unless needed. And then use only the initials. And have a big conversation with the kids about it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are so cool. Congrats on winning.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the kind words and linkage! You're pretty awesome too Kimmy. Glad you enjoyed the TattooIDs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay! You received them! Thank you for this post. It really put a smile on my face and really inspired me to continue!

    Let me know when you need some more!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great idea! And I am not familiar with Papa K. I'll have to go check out his site.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh good! I can leave the adult diapers at home then!
    Congrats on winning!
    Jodi

    ReplyDelete