Thursday, April 28, 2011

The Heart of A Woman

Two and a half year ago I picked up the phone and called a friend. She kept me on that phone while she called my husband and I cried.  I remember laying on my bed and hearing her voice telling me that it was going to be OK.  That she loved me. I distinctly remember that, hearing her say she loved me.  She helped me hold on while my husband drove home. She talked with me that entire time.  She talked to my husband, told him what to do, who to call and where to take me. He listened.  He talked to her on the way to the hospital, with me sitting next to him, just sobbing. And he talked to her on the way home, alone, after checking me into the psychiatric hospital.

She never ran away. In fact, she held me closer. This woman has held me, yelled at me, laughed with me, and loved me unconditionally. I've known her for 7 1/2 years. But she's been in my heart for over two years now.  And I'm finally getting to say thank you.

Jen, this will never be enough. But it's as close to putting your name in lights as I can get. Thank you  for watching my kids, for letting Violet 'hunt' Jimmy. Thank you for believing in me when I didn't know there was a 'me.'  Thank you for loving me. I love you.

I was selected for this very special “CleverHaiti” opportunity by Clever Girls Collective, which endorses Blog With Integrity. All opinions are my own.

Visit the Better World/Heart of Haiti collection between 5/3-5/8 for more information, and use the code CLEVERGIRLS to receive 15% off Heart of Haiti and Rwanda Path products. They'll make a beautiful Mother's Day gift for a woman in your life who has truly helped you.

9 comments:

  1. This was so beautiful. You are lucky to have Jen in your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you -- I cannot believe how blessed I am.

    ReplyDelete
  3. True friends like that are nothing less than a blessing from God. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Kim. You are so brave. So brave to ask for help, so brave to tell us about it, so brave to blog and help others.

    Big heart for you......
    xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jen sounds amazing! What a neat friendship!

    I'm so sorry you had to go through all of this! Your message is huge on here-you're doing a great job telling it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Theresa. Big hearts back at you :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, Kate. It means a lot to hear you say that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kim, thanks for your inspiring story of friendship, support and love from Jen, when you needed it most. You're passing it on by supporting the women and girls of Haiti in their time of need. On their behalf, thank you!!!

    ~Willa (co-founder, heart of haiti)

    ReplyDelete