Sunday, June 19, 2011

Sunday Confessions:I'm Going To Miss Her



I'm linking up with the always awesome-sauce Diana over at Hormonal Imbalances today for her weekly hop, Sunday Confessions. Make sure you visit her all.the.time. Because I said so.

Sunday Confession: I'm Going To Miss Her.

Because she's moving. And if she lived here, as in the state I live in, well then it would make perfect sense that I would be missing her. Right? Right.

Only she lives in Colorado right now and is moving to Texas. So how much sense does it make that I'm going to miss her?

That would be zero, zilch, none.

I haven't seen her in person since October and uhm, that was the first time we actually met. But we talk on the phone every day. Sometimes for hours. (Dear husbands, you did not just read that. Really? We are totally working our butts off.)

What started out as a phone call about reflux and her daughter has turned into so much more. First it was questions about blogging. Hers is the first blog I ever read. Ever. And what made me want to do this.  She has the most incredible sense of humor. We started laughing and haven't stopped.

She has become one of my closest friends. I've told her some things I haven't shared with a whole lot of people. She didn't judge. She's become a role model for me in many ways. She is one of the most intelligent women I've ever met.  Her texts are witty and hilarious. I snort and laugh out loud at them, making my husband and random strangers give me the side eye. My kids, although they haven't met her, call her 'Auntie' and know when I'm on the phone with her. (It's not all the time. Really.)

And it makes no sense that I'm crying as I write this.

But she's moving and I'm sad.

Maybe I think she's going to start a new life in Texas and it will be so cool, fun and busy that she won't have time for me and my questions. My insanity of thoughts and ideas. That she'll meet a bunch of girls her age (I'm 10 years older.) and realize I'm no fun, really. 

Because I think she's cooler than Josh Groban. *gasp* *dies* ::headexplosion::

I giggle every time I pick up the phone and I hear, "Soooo, here's the thing." Or she answers the phone, "Hola."

So, she's moving and I'm going to miss her. And we don't live in the same state. And never have.

Because that makes sense.

13 comments:

  1. AW!! That is so special to have a friend like that!!! It sounds like she is your sister.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm all teared up because I feel the same way! I was thinking the other day, "I'm going to miss Kim," and then I was like, "Wait."

    :P

    OF COURSE I will still call and text you all the time. I love you to pieces. And I'm so out there as soon as I can be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE Diana too and I've never met OR talked to her before. Hers is one of the first blogs I read also - oh, and I answer the phone "hola" too.

    You're not crazy. My BFF lives in a different city and every time she gets a new boyfriend or friend I worry that our relationship will change because she'll meet someone so much better than me. But that hasn't happened yet. Great friendship cannot be broken no matter the distance or the circumstances.

    ReplyDelete
  4. First of all I'm all tears over here.

    Second of all you two are both awesome-sauce.

    Third of all I wish both of you lived in Michigan so this state would suck a lot less!!

    Isn't great having such an amazing woman in your life?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, so I'm jealous she gets to talk to all the time! :)

    And second, there's no way she'll find someone cooler than you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. She's pretty awesome, I have to say. You probably know her, Diana over at Hormonal Imbalances. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. lol, at least I'm not alone in my ilogical thinking! Can't wait to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad to know I'm not the only who worries about these things -- it's a realationship and it has it's own life, you know?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just might be in Michigan this summer. Perhaps. And I'll be about an hour from you. So . . . . (And you're pretty awesome yourself.) :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, it's a crazy way of talking, let me tell you. It's all, "John stop. What?" "Wait. Yes, I'll give you peanut butter." We're going to 'face time' soon so the kids can see her Bella! Oh, and I'm considering a vlog. CONSIDERING.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So I have an idea. Kim comes to El Paso at Christmas when I'm there and we have a big party :)

    ReplyDelete