Thursday, July 14, 2011

Dear Ann Taylor Loft

 

I know we just met and all . . . but I love you. Really. No, I mean really. I ventured into your soothing arms on Monday evening upon the advice of a friend and was quickly seduced by your chic style. It was obvious to me that you were a person of quality.

I browsed your linens, your cottons, your denims. So soft and supple.

[caption id="attachment_1066" align="alignright" width="150" caption="These shorts. On a little curve. I look goooood."][/caption]

I made my selections timidly at first, so unfamiliar with this quiet and calm environment to shop in. Then the excitement caught hold and I took two of each shirt and short I found. And every color you had. Your palette is beautiful, by the way.

A beautifully dressed attendant layed my clothing out in the dressing room, all artfully displayed. I giggled in anticipation. I pulled on the first pair of soft, brushed cotton, denim shorts.

And I am yours, Ann Taylor Loft. I will bear your children. Heck, I may give you mine. I will buy you dinner, then I will take you home and romance the pants off of you. And the shirt. And then I will grab them and run, laughing, away, because now they are mine! All mine!

The shorts? A size 8.  The shirts? All smalls. And what gorgeous shirts. And great fits. And did I mention smalls? Now, I *may* be a different size in other stores. *shudders to think of cheating on you!* But we will never know. Because, Dear Ann, you are my one. My only. Yes, I may be wearing your clothes with the sizing tags hanging out. Is that so wrong?

Also? Your clothes actually fit me. They fit me. The rise of the shorts hits above my pubic bone but below my breasts.  Not needing a brazilian or liposuction to wear a pair of shorts? Excellent. Your clothes are well made. They are stylish without being runway gaudy. I just found pictures of Hillary Swank wearing you. And Taylor Swift. I'd say that about covers it.

[caption id="attachment_1065" align="alignleft" width="150" caption="This shirt. Yup. And I look goooood."]This sirt. In a pretty blue. I look good.[/caption]

So, I'll just let you save my credit card info, mmmkay? Because clothing that fits a real woman's body, makes her feel gorgeous, normal and real, makes her walk out of the dressing room with a smile instead of in tears (I'm talking to you, Old Navy, Macy's, Forever 21, Target, and Kohls), reminds her that she is amazing and wonderful and completely deserving of clothing that fits correctly and beautifully, is well made and affordable -- this is what I've been lacking.

You had me at, "Hello, welcome to Ann Taylor Loft. Can I help you find anything?"

 

19 comments:

  1. I'm with you one hundred bazillion percent. I LOVE Ann Taylor Loft. LOVE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ann Taylor Loft is one of my favorite stores. We have an outlet mall nearby that has not an only Ann Taylor Loft Outlet store, but also an Ann Taylor Factory Store. LOVE THEM.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never really shopped at an Ann Taylor Loft. I say never really, because I accompanied my sister in law to one (her favorite store also), but I didn't have any intention of buying anything, so I didn't even look. After reading this, however, I believe I will be googling it to find the closest store.
    BTW, this may be the perfect excuse to see eachother more than once a year...There's an Ann Taylor Loft OUTLET STORE in the Lancaster outlets (that's where my sis-in-law shops) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that store too! But I don't shop there often. Probably because the nearest one is 1.5 hours away. Maybe that isn't such a bad thing?
    Yes, anywhere above the pubic bone yet below the boobs is usually a good look :)
    And I say? Screw Old Navy! Their crap only fits me about 1% of the time. And my time is more valuable than that!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love their clothing. Don't get to shop much, but I go to the factor store in Limerick. If you ever want to go let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Their pants, like for work, are the most comfy ever!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I constantly think about start a women's clothing store where each piece of clothing is a size 6 or a small. It doesn't matter if one size six would be too small on a 4 year old, and another size six wouldn't fit a beluga whale, I'm pretty confident that I'd have made the perfect clothing store.

    This made me chuckle - and be glad that I have a penis :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh. My. Word. In love with this post. I am going to Ann Taylor Loft TOMORROW. I can't remember the last time I bought pants at any store that didn't have Plus in the title! And shorts have been banished completely. I am all over this place. I'll let you know what I find ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Soooo glad you found the the love of Ann Taylor Loft!!! I love that store as well and not only do they have great clothes, they have great sales as well!! Enjoy your new wardrobe!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I fear for my husband and our credit cards now . .

    ReplyDelete
  11. I fear for my husband and our credit cards now . . I need to find an outlet!

    ReplyDelete
  12. not that I need a reason to see you . . but yayness!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The rise on pants is so important, right?

    ReplyDelete
  14. we need to plan a shopping trip -- that would be great! And I see your name is linked!! I don't see that it's linked to your blog . . like I don't see 'trish recently posted . . ' so we have to figure that out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm falling in love with them more and more!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Be glad, John. Be very, very glad. Men can buy the same cut/size/brand jeans from any store and it fits. Women can't. Even the same brand/cut/size varies from pair to pair. Good times.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm telling you, Alexia, it was a wonder. I'm a small 10, perhaps. PERHAPS. And there I'm a 8. And a small shirt. And I look GOOOOD. Like my husbands eyes went buggy good. And I'm getting compliments when I'm out and about good. Go forth and shop!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I can't believe I didn't find her sooner!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I've been shopping there for years now! I HEART THEM TOO!!!

    In fact, my entire last 4 summer & winter wardrobes came from there!

    And I'm heading there today to buy some shorts!

    Are you signed up for their online deals? Yesterday they did a 50% all tees & tanks. They have some really good stuff!

    ReplyDelete