Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Sometimes . . .

Sometimes I just don't understand.

I see posts on Facebook from people, quoting the Bible, snapping at others who were happy when Bin Laden was killed. They speak of kindness, love, forgiveness. But in their own, real not on Facebook life? That's not how it is.

And I don't understand. How do you snap at me for being relieved that the man responsible for the death of thousand upon thousand is gone, and yet harbor deep seated anger and resentment in your own heart toward people you see every day? People that didn't kill thousands.

Doesn't Jesus tell us to forgive 70 x 7? Where is that forgiveness when it comes to the real world?

This? I don't understand.

Today's rant brought to you courtesy of Facebook. You're welcome.

3 comments:

  1. Amen! I think for some people its hard to reconcile that its ok to forgive AND still hold someone accountable for their actions. I think he got what he deserved!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh girl, I could probably find a a rant courtesy of facebook every day of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yesterday I saw comments on people's blogs that just infuriated me! Comments that made me want to leave comments telling them to be nice & if they didn't have something nice to say then they shouldn't say anything at all!

    I like your rants! :)

    ReplyDelete