Monday, December 12, 2011

I'm A Natural Girl. Uhm . . .Kinda

I like to think that  I do things natural. I try to buy natural, whole foods. I avidly avoid preservatives. I make sure my kids get all the fruit and vegtables I can cram into them. I buy organic when at all possible.

Then I get sick.

And I.want.drugs.

Chemicals? You betcha. "Better Living Through Chemicals" becomes my slogan.

Something to knock me out and make me sleep through the sickness? Bring it.

I slather on the Vicks Vap 0 Rub, swallow pills and hunker down with tissues and a pillow.

'Cause I'm a natural kind of girl. Crunchy like. Naturally.

7 comments:

  1. This made me laugh. I'm not a natural person...I mean, I know it's better, but I don't go all out.

    But yeah, I totally agree with you when it comes to sickness and pain! Anything to make me feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Better living through chemicals! LOL! I'm with you there, we'll do anything to be able to breathe through our noses, right?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh medicinal relief. I'll take it any day. I have no shame when I get sick. Get better honey!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember the old Saturday Night Live fake-commcercial for Hybernol . . . I'd totally take it -- just sleep through cold & flu season, every year. That'd work for me.

    I like alcohol far too much to actually consider myself "natural." My liver is pickled.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Favorite quote of all time: better living through chemicals. AMEN.

    I have a sore throat. What do you think I can ply myself with?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am the same way!!!
    Cloth diapers, no paper towels, etc... but the moment I sneeze I want drugs!
    No go right now due to nursing - but typically, I am right there with you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I adm the worst sick person ever, so hubs is equally enthusiastic about pills to knock me out haha. No but seriously, God bless the makers of nyquil.:)

    ReplyDelete