Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Why I Love My Shrink

She returns my phone calls,  after hours, on her cell, and doesn't mind when I call her back.

She talks to me for 30 minutes, figuring out why I'm feeling the way I am.

She listens to everything I say.

She suggests two solutions.

We pick one together.

We talk about how this weather out here on the East coast, the dreariness and the long days is effecting me.

We talk about alternative methods to just upping my meds.

We explore all options.

Then we come to an agreement, a three part plan.

1: Get more sleep at night.

2: Change my med doseage and how I take it

3: Get a 'sun' lamp to my melatonin levels regulate.

Just talking to her helped tremendously. I feel 100% better already. (I know I'm not. I know I have to wait for the meds to kick in, for the sleep to help and get a lamp. But