Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Seriously?

On a normal morning we wake up at 7 a.m. And I'm dragging my bum out of bed, prodding and pushing, yelling and threatening my children to get up, get dressed and get ready for the day. Especially Sarah. (We've discussed this before.)

Today there wasn't any school.

Guess what I heard at 6:30 a.m?

That's right. The happy sounds of Violet and John. By 7: 15 Sarah had darted out of bed and was happily sitting at the kitchen island all smiles. She got dressed immediately when told -- the first time. Made her bed. Brushed her teeth.

I'm living in bizarro world.

3 comments:

  1. ain't that the shit when things like this happen? I swear, I agree with Bizarro!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't this the Calvin phenomenon. It's like "having to get out of bed" and "having to get out of bed to go to school" are two entirely different things.

    ReplyDelete