Thursday, April 26, 2012

Where I've Been

Things have been a little . . . rough. And I haven't shared this with anybody except my husband and brother and sister in law.  (Sorry mom :/) It's not the depression so much as a new med I tired for my anxiety and mood swings.

Oh, the anxiety.

So we tried a new med.

Bad, bad idea.

I have been so sick. Nauseous like pregnant nauseous only I'm not. (It's not possible, husband has had the little snip snip). The nausea started out just as a minor annoyance that was manageable, then turned into a giant monster that left me a sobbing mess in my psychiatrists office. We'd tried a time release tablet already and zofran. Still no relief.

People, I lost almost 10 pounds in two weeks. That's how bad the nausea was. So when I say I was a sobbing mess? I was hot, sobbing mess.

Needless to say, I'm off the med and we're trying a different approach. The nausea is gone and life is resuming at lightening speed - thank God.

So I haven't had the energy or want to blog or read anything in the past few weeks. As I feel better I'll get back in the swing of things.

Thankfully I had my brother and sister in law to cry to and help me - and help me they did.

And let's not forget Diana :) She understands nausea just a *little*.

14 comments:

  1. ((hugs)) But - now you know what I mean when I say Zofran is my crack. It really is.

    I'm glad you're feeling better. And I hope the rest of this week is a lot smoother for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry honey!!! I wish you felt better. I hope that you get it figured out soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank goodness for such a supportive brother and SIL! Where would we be without family? I really, really hope you're starting to feel more like yourself. HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh, how awful. I've definitely been there with trying a new med and having it not work and make you sick.

    I'm glad you're off of it and feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been there and it's difficult on so many levels. It does get better. I'm living proof. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you can figure it all out soon. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ugh. Glad you're on the mend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always say the ONLY good thing about nausea is the weight loss. Silver lining.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Totally. 15 pounds so far . . . but it looks like we fixed the meds, so here's hoping I somehow keep it off. Because I can totally rock my bathing suit now ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Exactly. 15 pounds so far . . . but we fixed the meds. Here's hoping I somehow manage to keep the weight off because I can totally rock my bathing suit now ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks :) It looks like we figured it out . . . now to not gain the weight back . . .

    ReplyDelete
  12. Feeling so much better, finally. It was a LONG month, that's for damn sure.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks, Catilin -- you're right, I couldn't have done it without my family. I feel a thousand times better now that my meds are all worked out. Thank you! And aren't you just about ready to welcome a little one? Enjoy!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. It looks like we've figured it all out -- but I'm not gonna lie, the weight loss has been fantastic, now that I can appreciate it b/c I'm not so sick. :) Hopefully I can manage to keep some of it off!

    ReplyDelete