Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Not MY Kids

It's spring. Which means the windows are open.

Which means the world can now hear my children yelling at each other.

And I'd like you all to know something.

Those aren't my kids you hear yelling.

Those aren't my kids screaming, "He spit at me!" while the spitter laughs manically.

Those aren't my kids yelling, "I didn't touch you!" Then beating feet out of the room.

Those aren't my kids you hear slamming doors and yelling, "Fine! I will clean my room!"

Those aren't my kids you hear screaming and runnig through the backyard, yelling, "She took my ball!" Followed by, "But it's MY ball!"

Those aren't my kids you hear slamming the screen door.

That's not my husband you hear yelling, "Hey! I just replaced that screen!"

Those aren't my kids that just yelled, "I hate you!"

That wasn't me who just yelled down, "I can hear every.single.word.you.say."

Those weren't my kids who froze into statues when they heard my voice.

 

12 comments:

  1. Yeah, that wasn't my kids either! LOL! :)

    Gotta love Spring when the windows are all open.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my lord. I am totally laughing with you out of solidarity girlfriend. I can definitely wait for my babies to be kids for this reason alone! Gotta love that fresh air brings out their best behavior, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mine never does things like that. Nope. Never...hee hee.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I grew up with 4 siblings at home (3 older, too) and we were soooo loud! For.real!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those aren't my kids either! I'm just glad to hear your kids freeze when they hear you say you just heard them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm big into playing "that's your son" or "that's your daughter" or "that's your dog" when there's misbehaving at my house. Anything I'm responsible for is all prim & proper & well behaved & patient. Just like me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My husband and I play that exact game! Every night he comes home and wants to know where his eloquent, quiet children are. I laugh and say the same place mine are.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think they froze because I'd startled them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We are Sooooo loud! It amazes me sometimes just how very loud we are :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fresh air and spring totally does this. It's like they've been cooped up for so long and just can't wait to let it all hang out. So they do.

    ReplyDelete
  11. As long as you can't hear us up there I figure we're ok!

    ReplyDelete