Tuesday, May 22, 2012

I Met A Mom . . .

Who is more conservative than me.

I know.

And it is wonderful.

She restricts the same shows I do. I even let my kids watch a show she doesn't - crazy days! Her kids watch less TV than mine, spend more time outside  and play more independently than mine.

I love it.

Sarah and her daughter have had two lovely play dates together. It's not enough.

The mom and I have become FaceBook friends. It's not enough.

I want Sarah and her daughter to play together every weekend, I want to sit and have coffee, chat, while they play.

It's so refreshing to meet another mom who is like-minded. Who doesn't think I'm crazy for being so conservative. I know I'm conservative. I know. So meeting a mom who is even more so than me -- without being freaky?

Awe.some.

And she's not freaky. She's all kinds of stylish and pulled together. Funny and so friendly. She owns her own business. Parents two girls and two dogs by herself all week while her husband works out of town. She's busy and frazzled, high energy and grounded.

Like I said, I want to sit and chat with her more while our girls play.

Am I in love?

I think so.

Now, to stalk her without her knowing . . .

 

 

 

3 comments:

  1. Stalk her...do it...hahah.
    It's so refreshing to find a mom who is so much like you isn't it?
    Glad that you found her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait, I'm not the only one who stalks my facebook & twitter friends?

    :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha! Gotta love finding your Mommy soul mate! I always feel like finding "Mom" friends is the equivalent of dating for us married ladies. Those first "dates" are so incredible and nerve wracking. But SO worth it. Glad you found her!!

    ReplyDelete