Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Randomness . . .

~ "Perfectness" is not a word. I know this. Just so you know.

~I'm making The Pioneer Woman's Crashed Hot Potato's for dinner. And I die of taste perfectness.

~ We watched The Smurfs today. They mention a smurf named "Passive Aggressive Smurf." I wanted to post on my FB status: There is a Passive Aggressive Smurf. I know this Smurf well.:  But then I wondered, does that make me passive aggressive?

~ My husband is wonderful. He puts family before everything.

~My children are watching The Fresh Beat Band and the old Marina is on. I much prefer her. Not fair to the new one. Eh.

~ I allowed my children to play in the mud today -- as in IN the mud. Dump it on their head. Dig in it. Mash it in their fingernails. The backyard is a mud-hole of funness. Or perfectness. Your choice.

~ I got to talk on the phone with Diana today for the first time in like a week -- I know. It was great to reconnect and giggle. (Because we are really 12, we giggle. )

~ Swim practice starts tomorrow. This means that for the next 3 weeks there is a hideous overlap of dance/softball/swim and I become 'that' mom who has over scheduled her children. Also, there is massive guilt at not having scheduled John into any of the above.  Perfectness.

~ What's your randomness?

~ Wait. Spell check just totally let perfectness by. So . . . it is a word??

 

7 comments:

  1. I haven't read blogs in a long time. But I think about you. And I miss you! And I'm genuinely amused at Passive Aggressive Smurf :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. PW's crash hot potatoes are AMAZING!!! Love them! :)

    Love that your kids played in the mud....kids are supposed to get dirty, aren't they?

    Luckily for us soccer ends on Saturday and our swim practices don't start until next week. And you should enjoy the fact that one of your kids isn't in all those activities....don't worry, his time will come. And then you'll be running around from practice to practice and wishing for the days that one of them didn't have something. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ack...the fresh beat band drives me bananas. My son watches it from time to time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And you should enjoy the fact that one of your kids isn’t in all those activities….don’t worry, his time will come. Thanks that you've shared.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was extreme randomness indeed. But the part where you allowed the kids to play in the mud, you must have taken some good time to get them cleaned up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ava is ridiculously excited that there will be a clash of worlds with Gabba on Fresh Beats Band. I've gotta admit. I wanna see it too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I actually love when my kids play in their own and they won't bug me with things I want to do as well.. Love this post here!

    ReplyDelete