Thursday, June 21, 2012

Yes, I Listened, Because She did First

If you're here visiting from Diana's place, welcome, but let me quickly tell you that she is a rock. Not me.

I was pretty out of it when we started talking -- my husband has known her since before she was born and we are good friends with her parents-- and I was still in the grips of a deep depression. She just accepted me as I was. She encouraged me to start blogging about my journey up to that point and what I was trying to do in order to get healthy.

She could have run screaming into the night. I might have.

She is a rock.

She would have done the exact same thing for me - and she has. So many times.

So my listening wasn't such a big deal. It was just me loving her the way she has always loved me.

 

 

2 comments:

  1. Um, so I just spend a ridiculous amount of time reading all over your blog. Thankfully my kids are watching their 2nd movie of the day so i was good to go ;) I don't know you, but I LOVE you! Is that weird?! When I read your little about me thing on the side of your blog, I'm pretty sure you were talking about me. Last February I crashed and burned after 10 years of slowly slipping away, then those last 2 years I was gone. I honestly have no idea how I functioned...barely. Anyway, don't mean to write a novel, but just wanted to say hi, thanks for writing this stuff too, you rock, and i'll be visiting often :) peace out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to my little piece of the interwebs :) So sorry that you also crashed -- it's pretty crappy, huh? Thanks so much for reading, that's why I do this. Now I'm off to visit YOU!

    ReplyDelete