Tuesday, July 17, 2012

That's So "Retarded"

Really? Is it?

Somebody who misses a party is retarded.

OK.

You're a moron.

I am so sick and tired of this word being thrown around like it means nothing. It means a lot. It's hateful, mean and disgusting. It's so offensive, my eyes burn with tears when I hear it. The only other word that I find this offensive is the 'C' word. No joke.

So, to the nurse I heard using it today: SHUT UP. Just shut your pie hole. Don't open it again.

And no, I didn't say anything. Because I was a moron.

That is all.

4 comments:

  1. When I taught that word was verboten in my classroom along with gay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is beyond me how people can think. Someone who shall not be named sent one of us a VERY distasteful text picture that combined not one but two derogatory terms! It's amazing. And jaw dropping. And sad--especially when they have kids.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't stand when people use it either! I agree 100%. We might not be able to prevent others from saying it but at least we can keep our kids from growing up saying it. :)

    ReplyDelete