Wednesday, July 18, 2012

It's That Time Again . . .

It's that time again for four of my dear friends and I to get together, just as we have done every July for the past three years. Remember last year? It.Was.Epic. I mean, we talked with Josh Groban! Who said I had great moves and a wave like Prince William.

Now, this year won't be quite so exciting, but it's exciting all the same. Because I get to see these ladies who, as I've told you before, have stuck by me through my darkest, deepest depression.

They could have run, instead they stayed and were gentle with me. They encouraged me through two hospitalizations. They IM'ed me and Skyped with me. They emailed and called.

Yes, I had support right here, from my husband and amazing friends as well. But there was just something special, knowing that four women who had never met me in person would continually provide me hope and love.

I wonder if I would have done the same. I would now, knowing what I do. Having learned from so many people what friendship truly means.

So, as I head out to Pennsylvania tomorrow, with one of the ladies, Keren (already with me from Texas), I am once again filled with awe. I feel encouraged and loved in the way only girlfriends can provide.

We're going to giggle like 13 year old's and  share silly stories and secrets late into the night.

We may talk about the man who drew us together, but he's really not important. He's not what draws us close to each other anymore. It's our friendship.

I sincerely hope each of you has this kind of love in your life. We are truly blessed. Truly.

 

4 comments:

  1. I couldn't have said it better myself. I look forward to this long weekend from the moment we all say goodbye. I am amazed that the moment we get together it's like we pick up right whee we left off. And yes, though Groban may be what brought us together, he isn't what keeps us together. I thank God every day that I finally posted on that thread on JG. Here's to the memories we've made so far, and the ones yet to come. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you have so much fun, Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope that you have a really good time. Friends are good at recharging our souls :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What on earth would any of us do without our girlfriends? Have a blast!!!

    ReplyDelete