Friday, August 17, 2012

Remember That One Time Where I THOUGHT I Texted My Psych?

That one time I was wrong??

Yeah.

I texted my psychiatrist (because she's awesome and gave me her cell number for just these times) and said:

This is Kim. Can you please call me when you get a chance? I'm having some problems with my anxiety level and am leaving for vacation on Sunday.

Oh, and I used my first AND last name.

Then, about 20 minutes later I got this message:

I just wanted to let you know this came to the wrong person

OMG. And then I died a little and tried to hide. So I texted Diana who was embarrassed for me.

I texted back:

Ugh. Thanks & so sorry

I wanted to scream.

Then, later I received this message from that same wrong number:

No problem just wanted to make sure you got the help you need. Have a great vacation.

And then I died a lot.

So I copied it and sent it to Diana.

Who promised me she wasn't laughing. Which made me smile. And remember that I won't actually be seeing this random person I'd just told about my anxiety.

So now? I'm telling all of you.

You're welcome.

7 comments:

  1. Oh no! OOPS! I hope you did get in touch with the correct person, got everything settled in time for vacation AND had a great time!

    Also, I hope this post means you're laughing about the incident in hind-sight :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's precisely for that reason that, whenever I get a new person's phone number, I text them right away, just to make sure everything was right in the setup.

    Hoping you managed to get a hold of your shrink.

    ReplyDelete
  3. At least the person was nice about it, instead of being a total jerk - or not replying - leaving you waiting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Momma. That person was a mench.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Umm... yeah. I would have died a little too. My best story like this was emailing a brand new co-worker that I loved him thinking I was sending it to the hubs. Thankfully the message was g-rated ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thankfully it was g-rated!! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's kind of awesome you can text your psych. But also awesome that you texted someone nice enough to care.

    ReplyDelete