Friday, November 19, 2010

Freakin' Friday Flip Off



I'm linking up with Momma Kiss again and joining her in Friday Flip Off.  Don't forget to stop by and visit her. She's beyond awesome.

Thankfully this week hasn't been too crazy, but there are always a few things that need my attention on these Friday's, and I've neglected them as of late.

First, a large, knobby middle finger to memory loss. I'm still discovering time I've lost due to depression. And to say it sucks is putting it mildly. So memory loss? Flip the flippity flip off.

Second, a very divided bird to wanting to be in two places at once. On Saturday I wanted to be at my daughters 5th birthday party, and I was. It was a blast. I also wanted to be at a concert in Connecticut with two of my friends, in the eighth row.  My favorite artist (*cough* Josh Groban *cough*) was performing in an intimate setting. Where he sang Neil Diamonds Play Me. Which is my fantasy.









picking on Miley, I know. But, c'mon!

Third, two very large and well clothed tall ones go to the unclothed youth of today. Really? Listen, I was hot back in my day. Haaawwt, children. And built. I know, because I look back at the pictures and go, "Daaammnnn. Look at that!" I was also hot while fully dressed. Yes! It's true! There is no shame in being beautiful and knowing it. There is shame in leaving nothing to the imagination. Nothing. If you need to shave and trim your bikini line for an outfit that is not your bikini? The outfit is not appropriate. I would go so far as to say it is trashy. Also? Bra straps, bra cups, bra lace and the like are not fashion statements. They are whore accessories. Honest. Go walk the streets and check it out. Two more tall ones go to the 'screw me' face that seems to be rage with the young crowd. You know the look. The wide eyes. The puckered mouth. The finger to the lips. What. Is. That. ? So, being inappropriately sexy, whorish and in general dressed like a hooker? FLIP IT. (I have two daughters. And a son. Knock the crap off. You'all look like future teenage mothers.)

That is all! :) Ahhh. I feel better already!! Now it's your turn!! Hop on and see how freeing it is!


Kim

9 comments:

  1. Surprised you didn't say, "Honey! For your 5th birthday, I got you a present! A Josh Groban concert. You get to sit on mommy's lap. Be warned though - mommy's lap might get might warm."

    And don't remind me about whorish teens. And the duck face?! So annoying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL at gopopgo's comment. Hilarious.

    In some ways, I'm so glad I don't have girls, but I also know that my boys will grow up to "like" that whorish look. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grace @ Arms Wide OpenNovember 19, 2010 at 8:32 AM

    oh my lawd. that is awful! (the half neked child i see up there). ridic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What is WITH these girls today?! I have to constantly bite my flippn' tongue on facebook because I have a teenage niece posting pics of her ass cheeks hanging out of her shorts that she took herself in the mirror and then she'll turn around and post a status about how disgusted she is with slutty girls! Ugghhh!!!!
    And her mom is right there giving the big thumbs up!! WTH??

    ReplyDelete
  5. AHHH! I never wanted to see miley cyrus like that.
    Not trying to be rude, but it kind of bothers me when people say "I'm glad i don't have girls" or "I don't want girls because boys are easier".. because that? in my opinion? will not likely happen if you raise your kids right. If your the type of parent that lets thier (girl) kid dress like that, you'd be likely to raise pretty aweful boys too, which would be hellish in many more ways - girls tend to ruin themselves, boys ruin other people.
    Thats all. Sorry! I know you probably didn't mean anything buy it..

    On another note, I don't understand that silly duck face that people do these days either! What happened to just smiling?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally flip the bird to memory loss due to depression as well. Although I'm not sure I want to remember the lost time. Maybe there's a reason I don't remember, ya know? Scary.

    Also? I don't like the teenage celebrities. They are all a little whoreish in my opinion. I do love the name Miley though. So cute for a girl. But I would never ever use it now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, and all these "girls" are attaching themselves to my teenager son. Back when I was growing up it was the boys that were all over the girls, now its the opposite and you know what, boys are only so strong (that's even if they WANT to be strong).

    I also want to know what it is with all the girls sticking their tongues out? I dont' mean playful sticking out their tongue, but ewwww WTH is up with that????

    -Karen

    ReplyDelete
  8. What is up with the pursed lip face? And why can't I do it? I look like I ate a bunch of glue when I attempt it.
    I also LOVE how some of these parents dress their kids. I'm pretty sure the four year old I saw while I was at my daughter's school for lunch yesterday didn't choose the pleather knee high pleather chunky heeled boots she was wearing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm totally joining this. THIS was fun to read aloud. :)

    -Keren

    ReplyDelete