Monday, November 29, 2010

Holiday Tips and Who Needs Martha?

Every year you have at least one dish that just doesn't go quite . . . right. This year that dish was the rolls -- my responsibility. The turkey-- that I brined, dried, rubbed, stuffed w/ onions and apples?  Not a problem. Roasted Garlic taters? Easy. The thaw and bake rolls, because that is just so difficult: fail. I've included pictures for your viewing pleasure. Do you see how gi-normous they are? We called them 'mutant rolls.' They were beyond huge.


After reading Momma Kiss's Favorite Things post, I was inspired to have the kids make their very own paper chain. Then I totally forgot about it. Then I got a reply from her about her paper chain! So the paper chain making began! The result:


Yes, and just like in Momma Kiss' house, our paper chain is also made of Post It's. Because that's how we roll. (and FYI, the 3 kids were fighting over the Post It's. Like knock down-drag out fighting. Construction paper has met its match and we'll never go back.) I'll save these pictures and show the kids how earth friendly we are: reduce, reuse, recycle!

Kim

6 comments:

  1. Those are HUGE rolls. But they look yummy? They weren't?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bread rolls are never big enough for my taste. I would have been very happy at your dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Lynn, love me some fatty bread rolls. Mmmm.

    Love that the kids were fighting over the post-its! All in how you sell it ;). Thanks for the shout out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those rolls look fantastic! What brand are they because I need them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My boys would be the same way...fighting over the post-its! I snapped on them yesterday because I had had it up to my eyeballs and beyond with the bickering!
    I don't see a problem with the ginormous rolls! YUM! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. [...] cook, then re-cooking it? The rolls I’d put out to thaw and rise? Had once again grown into mutant rolls. Only even bigger than before, if you can believe that. Mutant rolls. [...]

    ReplyDelete