Wednesday, December 8, 2010

A Few Of My Favorite Things

* Clean, crisp sheets
* Small cold feet snuggled up against me under warm covers
* The way a baby stretches when you first take them out of their car seat
* Puppy sighs
* The way my niece called Popsicles 'sicle-pops'
*Glowing windows on a cold night
* Suckling noises as my babies nursed
* The sound of my children's laughter
* My husbands eyes. They are the most unique shade of hazel
* Listening to my children's prayers
* First kisses
* My husbands hands and forearms
* Hawaii 5-O. Uh, Haai Alex McLaughlin. (this couldn't all be serious, could it?)
* My husbands laugh
* My children's freshly bathed bums running down the hall
* The way my brother gives my kids 'swing hugs'
* Being healthy
* Josh Groban's Christmas album, Noel (edit, how could I have forgotten this??)
* The way John says 'wook! a wucky penny' for 'lucky penny'
* Watching my hands as I taught Violet to knit
* Listening to Sarah sing any song
* Enjoying life
* This video. Hope you enjoy it!

8 comments:

  1. I LOVE the way babies stretch and their short little arms barely get above their heads. I die of cuteness overload.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so with you on the baby stretch. They are so adorable with their legs pulled tightly to them and their back arched.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Diana @Hormonal ImbalancesDecember 8, 2010 at 2:35 PM

    Baby stretches for sure. Also - I love those videos. Because for one moment, everyone stops being strangers and so busy with their own lives and enjoys the same thing as a whole.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, puppy sighs...love those!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was wowed by the fact that almost all of them are about your family! I don't know why. I just loved seeing that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. but . . . it's "wook! Papa weft a wucky penny!"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kim. There wasn't a reply email with your comment so I'm answering your question here. I did find some new "vintage" elves this year at VermontCountryStore.com. Only place I have ever been able to find those. I din't think anyone made or sold them anymore. I was so excited!

    ReplyDelete