Thursday, February 24, 2011

An 'Easy' Blog

A friend of mine just started a blog and truly loves it. She's a great writer and has an amazing story to share. And I can't tell you what it is because she's asked me to keep her identity a secret for this. See, she's . . . frustrated. She wrote this and sent it to me. It cracked me up and I said I'd put it up and see what you all had to say.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm A Blog Whore

I've been with my blog for a year now, but I'm not exclusive. I yearn for the guest post. I crave followers.  I want new people to see me, to want me.

In the dead of night, I sneak out and visit other blogs. Blogs not on my blog roll. Blogs not on google reader. I read and read until I find those writers who make me smile and laugh. Those that me feel special. I leave them comments and love. I follow them, knowing that I want more of what they have. And then I wait in anticipation, just hoping for some attention.

And then . . . it happens. I see them. They come by. I see them on my stats. I see them looking around. My pulse races as their eyes wander.  My heart pounds when I see they have left a comment. My breath comes fast as I read what they thought about my post. Will they like me? Will they stay? Will they . . . come back? Will they want more?

They leave beautiful, soft comments. Comments that make me smile, that make my eyes sparkle and my cheeks blush. And then, just as quickly as they have come . . . they are gone.

Because, I am a blog whore.

Or, I suck.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was dying as I read this. What do you guys think? And NO, I'm not telling you who she is.

15 comments:

  1. I understand completely where she's coming from! I'm all..."Wait, come back! Was it something I said?" I try to lie to myself and say I don't give a flip about followers and comments when I know that is total baloney!

    I would so be following her and commenting if I knew where to find her! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so true! I feel very much like your friend...even though I've been in this blog stuff for almost 2 years now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it. So true for every writer, and your friend has serious style!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh dear! What's this "stats" stuff? You mean...people can see that I've (perhaps) visited their blog, like, every single day? Or 10 times in one day because I'm reading old posts even when they didn't post anything new. Oh dear....
    But more importantly, I think I now see where she's coming from! You mean these poor women have evidence of (near constant) presence and yet they haven't visited MY blog?! Ok, now I'm mad ;)
    But I really do need to understand this stats stuff. Umm, it's not for me. It's for a friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lol! So well written. And yes, when that "popular" blogger comes and leaves a comment it truly does make you feel special and amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lol, I'll let her know! Good to see you :) How's your little one?

    ReplyDelete
  7. It does, doesn't it? Then we're all *happy sighs* Thanks for coming over!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I sent you a big ole e-mail about stats -- for your FRIEND *wink wink* Tell *her* that they.are.so.fun.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So it doesn't get easier?? Gah.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks, Jess. I'll let her know!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks, Diane. Comments and followers DO make us feel good, it' no use saying otherwise. I'll send her your way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. She's doing great, thanks! Thanks for your advice about not forcing a schedule...I think you're totally right!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beth, weird question, but is my 'feed' updating for you? Er, are you 'subscribed'? I thought you were . . . and my feeds are all jacked up for some reason. And then you just popped in on this older post and I wondered if you're getting new posts . . . this is so confusing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Kim,

    All good with your feed for me...I am just super-behind on all my internet reading and commenting :)

    ReplyDelete