Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Sick & Tired Of Being . . . Sick!

OK, I.have.had.it. I'm done, my friends. DONE. These three petri dishes I call my children are sick again. Violet and Sarah both have fevers today.  Can I please get a break? We haven't had a full week of being healthy since January 1st. I'm not kidding.

 We've had sinus infections, two cases of strep throat, raging fevers of 103.7 that lasted for fourdays. Yes, four days. Diarrhea that lasted seven. Seh-ve-en. Dayys. My hands were raw and chapped from cleaning the bathroom and kitchen and washing my hands so much. I had a fever for three days straight. And when mom gets a fever? It is not pretty. I don't know how kids do it. I gave the girls Motrin this morning upon discovering their fevers. They are now happily tearing up their bedrooms playing upstairs. When I had a fever? I was hopped up on as much Motrin and Tylenol as I could shove into my body, shivering on the sofa in the fetal position.

My kids eat incredibly healthy. They honestly do. They devour apples, oranges and banana's on a daily basis. They each yogurt multiple times a day. A snack for them is a container of yogurt, an apple and peanut butter or Nutella and maybe a cheese stick. (yes, I know that's a lot of food. I know. They eat non stop. They are also active non stop, all lean and muscular.) Breakfast is usually oatmeal, toast, juice and fruit, or cereal. Lunch is peanut butter sandwiches, fruit, cheese, yogurt, milk, maybe some graham crackers. Dinner is usually chicken or beef, noodles, fruit, yogurt (because Sarah and John have a limited repertoire of what they eat, even though they eat a lot) and a veggie. Violet eats salad, broccoli, carrots, pretty much anything I put in front of her. They take a multi-vitamin and vitamin C every day. Wash their hands after using the bathroom. Bathe at least every other night. Don't have dirty fingernails. Play outside in the sun so they don't have a vitamin D deficiency.

So what is the problem? Are they sick because there is three of them and they're passing germs back and forth between them? What are your ideas?