Monday, March 28, 2011

Sweet Brady

On March 28, 2002 my dear friend, Carolyn, lost her 2 1/2 son, Brady, to Aplastic Anemia. Brady was among the first people in the country to receive his own cord blood in a transfusion. This was cutting edge technology in 2002. Since his untimely death, Carolyn and her husband, Andy have started The Brady Kohn Foundation in an effort to educate the public on the importance of cord blood.

Thanks to them, thanks to Brady, women in Delaware can donate their umblical cord blood. Donate. It's life giving. It's used to treat over 70 diseases right now. If not donated it's simply washed down the drain.

Working with the Brady Kohn Foundation, I was able to donate Sarah and John's cord blood. Hero's at birth, my friends.

AND, in case you are reading this wondering about stem cells and all the controversy that goes along with it? These stem cells are NOT EMBRYONIC. They CANNOT BE COAXED INTO LIFE. This is just pure, unadulterated, good stuff. I can't put it any simpler.

Friends, you've shown me so much support. You've read about my deepest, darkest moments. I'm asking you to show just a little more and visit our website here to read about Brady today, on the anniversary of his leaving us. You can learn more about what we do over there on our site. You can also click on my tab 'umbilical cord blood.'