Monday, April 4, 2011

Jillian Eats Fried Pickles, Right??

In an effort to keep myself honest, healthy and committed (and not in that way), I'm joining Blair at Heir to Blair today in my first ever McFatty Monday. I've read this from afar for a year, and am finally jumping in, used to be toned abs and all!

With summer fast approaching,two kids on the swim team and another in lessons, I'm going to literally be at the pool from 7:45 until 4:00 or later every.single.day. Do you know how many hours of potential bathing suit horror a week that is? 42 hours and 25 minutes.That's how many.  Over 40 hours a week of chasing children around a pool, clad only in a piece of stretchy fabric. 40 + hours of me, a 38 year old mom of 3 with glaring creamy white skin, surrounded by nubile tan teenagers, frolicking cutely while I sweat and apply sunscreen like I'm basting chicken.

With that in mind I began . . .

I started the Couch to 5K training program 3 weeks ago, so that puts me on . . . day 2. Yeah, that's right. The regular crowd remembers my first day of training . . . and may be wondering why I haven't mentioned day 2? Because it hasn't happened. Somewhat in my defense, it's been cold and rainy and I can't really see wrapping John up to push him around the track, only to have him unwrap himself every two feet.

But. I'm joining the ranks of McFatty Monday. I am accountable! I can hear you cheering my name! So, with my husbands help, I'm getting out there. If I can't bundle John up, my husband is making time for me later.

This can't all be about the C25K, though. I know I have to change some kitchen things. Uhm, hello guacamole? Do I really need to eat an entireavocado every day? I've been justifying it because avocado's are good fat -- monounsaturated fatty acids. MUFA's.  And those are good for you. Therefore, my little guac craving brain says, eat the whole thing. Chop it up, throw in some tomato, garlic, cilantro, salt and lime. And tortilla chips. Don't forget those. 1,000 calories later (give or take) I'm a little upset with myself. So, my husband and I will be using The Flat Belly Diet to help us maintain healthy portions and good fat intake. Plus, the recipes are out of this world.

Now. To choose a 5K. Who running this with me?

PS. Ever have a fried pickle? OMG. Heaven, right here on earth. Go. Find one.

33 comments:

  1. Fried pickles are the BOMB, dude. I don't know if Jillian eats them, but I do.

    I also eat guac.

    Everything in moderation? Maybe?

    Anyhow, good luck with your McFatty endeavor!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Luck to you!! If you ever want to walk in the evening, let me know! We could go later....like 7 or 8pm if you wanted. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm still on day one of C25K. That I started 6 months ago.

    I have not had a fried pickle but I am craving one really bad. Which sucks because I have no idea how to make or where to get one. :/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am SO running it with you...well, in spirit anyway! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will run a 5K with you!! Let's find one 1/2 way and do it! Sign up for one, it will keep you more committed to running on a schedule. And that's good to run without your children, I use my running time for "me" time. Granted I have to do it at 6 am, but worth it to me! Good luck and keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So I suppose it is less than supportive for me to sing the praises of the fried pickle, right? Mmmmmm...

    That is definitely a lot of swimsuit time! You can kick that c25k butt! Goooo kim! lol ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Moderation . . . totally do-able if it weren't for the guac, and chocolate. :) And fried pickles, right?? Who was the GENIUS that invented that perfection of nature??

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great!! I'll be calling you! We stopped by yesterday, hoping you guys would be home.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You must come to the dark side and have a fried pickle. Dipped in ranch. Talk about a ::headexplosion:: :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ihope your training is coming along better than mine!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Seriously?? How fun would that be? Let's do this!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sing away, Branson! Because when I eat them I hear hallejuah's (sp?)

    ReplyDelete
  13. J and I spend the day together running errands and even had lunch out. T spent the day at my sister's house after spending the night there. Sorry we missed you guys! :(

    ReplyDelete
  14. So how, exactly, do fried pickles fit into your diet??? LMAO.

    I so need to get on the bandwagon of something. Seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  15. RUN the 5k? How about medium pace so we can chat without getting too out of breath? LOL Fried pickles? Never heard of them. What do you fry them in? Oil? Butter?

    ReplyDelete
  16. hey sweet on being on Heir to Blair, love her (ssh, secret, love you more)

    Good luck on your journey. "Thanks" for the fried pickle suggestion, now I want one bad.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fried pickles? Umm, girl, I don't know about that and I'm from the South. I thought I'd had just about everything fried.
    Jillian scared the daylights outta me!

    Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You had me at Fried Pickle! :)

    I have GOT to start running again-I'm miserable without it! You go!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh, Karen. You bread them, like in a beer batter, and deep fry them. Then dip them in ranch dressing. Oh my heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I make them fit. And then my pants don't. Jump on with me!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Aww, see, this is why I have always stalked you. And you're welcome for the fried pickle suggestion. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Jillian = frightened little girl right here. You've never had a fried pickle?? Find one. NOW. You won't be sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  23. lol, I thought I would!! I wanted to link you in at the bottom, with, "Never had a fried pickle? They're the bomb. Ask Kate, she'll tell you, too." But I wasn't sure you'd be up and running yet. AFTER I do this 5K thing? I'm finding me a fried pickle and noshing!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Kimmie-I am in. Pick a 5k and let me know. I need a running goal.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Yay for motivation! I would love to do the C25K too. What do I need to do? Does it require running. Only slightly kidding on that on ; )

    It's not the guac it's the chips. Dip carrots or celery or endive in the guac and it's a whole other story. But maybe only half of one a day? I know...it's hard. Especially in the summertime.

    I'm glad I don't have to spend that much time in a suit. But I applaud your attitude and commitment girl!

    Finally...fried pickles = amazing! Hope they have those in Arizona!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I'm up and running! yee haw! I have no idea if you subscribe via email or not, but if you do you will have to let me know if it's coming or not. It has been coming to my email, so I'm hoping that means it's going to other people.

    LOL! After the 5k you deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I've got the same avocado weakness and the same rationalization! I was just thinking about bathing suit season...and thinking about how ugly it's going to be. Every time I try to get into shape, either I or Audrey gets sick and I get set back for a couple of weeks. Ugh. Must. get. in. shape!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Fried pickles....NOM.

    Yes avocados are great for you :) Throw some chicken or shrimp in it and call it a meal!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Download a program or an app from itunes. That's it! Well, then you know, follow the training schedule.

    I'll have to try the veggies w/ the guac. Endive, huh? I've never tried it before. And 1/2 an avacado. Yes. I'll try. Unless that's all eat all day. Right?

    ReplyDelete
  30. The getting sick thing is what killed me this winter! I had the gear and the program all set. Then the plague hit us for 2 months. Good bye motivation.

    ReplyDelete
  31. MMM. Thanks for feeding my newest addiction. :) Adding chicken and calling it good!

    ReplyDelete
  32. [...] season and we are at the pool every single day. For many, many hours. I calculated just how many here. And apparently there are some rules we need to go over as the summer [...]

    ReplyDelete