Monday, April 4, 2011

Jillian Eats Fried Pickles, Right??

In an effort to keep myself honest, healthy and committed (and not in that way), I'm joining Blair at Heir to Blair today in my first ever McFatty Monday. I've read this from afar for a year, and am finally jumping in, used to be toned abs and all!

With summer fast approaching,two kids on the swim team and another in lessons, I'm going to literally be at the pool from 7:45 until 4:00 or later every.single.day. Do you know how many hours of potential bathing suit horror a week that is? 42 hours and 25 minutes.That's how many.  Over 40 hours a week of chasing children around a pool, clad only in a piece of stretchy fabric. 40 + hours of me, a 38 year old mom of 3 with glaring creamy white skin, surrounded by nubile tan teenagers, frolicking cutely while I sweat and apply sunscreen like I'm basting chicken.

With that in mind I began . . .

I started the Couch to 5K training program 3 weeks ago, so that puts me on . . . day 2. Yeah, that's right. The regular crowd remembers my first day of training . . . and may be wondering why I haven't mentioned day 2? Because it hasn't happened. Somewhat in my defense, it's been cold and rainy and I can't really see wrapping John up to push him around the track, only to have him unwrap himself every two feet.

But. I'm joining the ranks of McFatty Monday. I am accountable! I can hear you cheering my name! So, with my husbands help, I'm getting out there. If I can't bundle John up, my husband is making time for me later.

This can't all be about the C25K, though. I know I have to change some kitchen things. Uhm, hello guacamole? Do I really need to eat an entireavocado every day? I've been justifying it because avocado's are good fat -- monounsaturated fatty acids. MUFA's.  And those are good for you. Therefore, my little guac craving brain says, eat the whole thing. Chop it up, throw in some tomato, garlic, cilantro, salt and lime. And tortilla chips. Don't forget those. 1,000 calories later (give or take) I'm a little upset with myself. So, my husband and I will be using The Flat Belly Diet to help us maintain healthy portions and good fat intake. Plus, the recipes are out of this world.

Now. To choose a 5K. Who running this with me?

PS. Ever have a fried pickle? OMG. Heaven, right here on earth. Go. Find one.