Sunday, April 3, 2011

Shut Up! I'm A Soccer Mom!

Thanks to Diana at Hormonal Imbalances, I'm making some confessions this Sunday. I'm linking up with her to do Sunday Confessions, one of the many cool things she does over at her place.

So, what do I have to confess? Me, being all perfect, you ask? Well, on Saturday Sarah and John started soccer, and I became  'That Mom.' You know the one. You know, because you make fun of her if you are not her. She's the mom on the sidelines with the latte (check), the husband sitting in the soccer chair (check), with the other kids (check), who are whining (check), loudly (CHECK), chatting up other mom's she knows from various other activities her children are in (check and check), while her child cavorts around the soccer field in perfectly coordinated soccer attired.

Wait, what was that last part?
We need to shop. NOW.
Oh, sweet heavens. Sarah came upstairs, dressed like this, and . . . my eyes watered. THIS is why children are perfectly coordinated out on those soccer fields. This, right here.


So, yes, that mom I used to roll my eyes at because she was so caught up in 'stigma,' in 'appearances,' and in 'what other people think,'? I am now her. I confess, I judged her, laughed at her, vowed I would never be her. Now I am running towards her with open arms. And a sporting goods store. I'm running to a sporting goods store, too.

17 comments:

  1. LOL I think she looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BWAHAHAHA - That's great!! She looks like a rock star. :) I love this confession. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great! One day - hopefully - I will be right there too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think she looks great! And she was probably so proud of herself for putting together that awesome "soccer outfit"!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This outfit is my niece in a nutshell. The louder, & gaudier the better.

    I love it...but my son doesn't dress himself yet. We'll see if I change my mind lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait until mine is old enough for me to be a soccer mom! Let's just pray I don't get to competitive when I am, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. She thought she looked awesome, and that's the important part. Even if I did totally crack up every time I looked at her.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rock star. Yeah. Lady Ga Ga much?

    ReplyDelete
  9. She was rockin' those shorts and pants. What was I thinking when I even bought the pants? She's NEVER worn them with the cute solid pink turtle neck that matches. Never.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, you will, Rose, you will. Currently, John is wearing khaki/white shorts, a long sleeved stripped blue/grey shirt, camo socks, a pink ball cap and carrying a wand. If you need the girl stuff for the full effect let me know, we've got extras. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beyond proud. And so was Daddy. As he always is when she comes up with these wacky outfits. Why is that??

    ReplyDelete
  12. The boys get crazy, too. I don't know how the do it w/ truck shirts and jeans, but they do. The other day John had on camo pants and a camo shirt, and they matched b/c they were both camo. Of different colors and patterns. Lookin' good!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The competition?? Oh, help me now. So far I've kept it together b/c they are all such hot messes out there all you can do is laugh. Sarah watched the ball roll between her legs and into the net. When she did stop it her team cheered for her. But I know when real skills come into play? You hurt my baby? I want to hurt you. What do we do?

    ReplyDelete
  14. She is definetely expressing herself! CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Now I have visions of how Madonna expressed *herself* in my mind. Oh, sweet lord. If she pulls out pointy bras . . .

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh no. I can't be a soccer mom. We did it for one season. it sucked. Hard. Maybe because we went and just watched other kids play while ours sat on the sideline and did nothing. But ughhhh. Pass. At least for a few years.

    ReplyDelete