Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Unshakeable Kingdom

Attention Delawarians! I know you're out there, I can see you :)

There is this awesome-sauce guy, Jeremiah, who sings like an angel (honest) but totally rocks (if, you know, angels could rock) and he has put together a benefit concert for Japan, the Unshakeable Kingdom: Japan relief benefit.

When he's not pursuing his dreams of stardom and singing, this incredibly talented man, Jeremiah, works at the Starbucks on the corner of Marsh of Silverside. Which is how I know him.  I may have heard him sing a *few* times. When I stop in every now and again.  (And I can't deny that I force my kids to linger so I can hear him sing just a little bit longer.)

 As I said yesterday on FaceBook, this guy can SING. Like, Randy Jackson would be saying, "Dawg! Those are some pipes! Best performance of!The!Night!" And Jennifer Lopez would be all, "Look, I've got goose bumps, and you really know how to perform, how to work the crowd. You're a natural! Now come kiss my cheek." And Steven Tyler would be saying, "You rocked it. Some people rock. Some don't. Some sing. Some don't. You do both. Don't wear my clothes. Do you have a younger, hotter sister I could hit on?"

The benefit is this Saturday, April 30, 2011 at Bethel Baptist Church at 6:30. He's got a bunch of local talent lined up to perform, all to benefit Japan. How awesome is that?

For more info visit: http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/event.php?eid=139689042770685

I'm going, are you? Come play!

8 comments:

  1. Your impressions of Randy, JLo and Steven Tyler crack me up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea! Why aren't you on the list of performers? :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1- Is he cute?
    2- Is he single? :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, they asked, you know, but I didn't want to show them up with my Grobanesque singing ability. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. YES to the cute, a big YES!! And I do believe he's single as well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to meet him. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. [...] Saturday night I took Sarah and Violet to Unshakeable Kingdom: Japan Relief Concert. They were a little confused – I guess they thought Jeremiah was going to be singing songs [...]

    ReplyDelete