Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Counting My Blessings

[caption id="attachment_970" align="alignright" width="300" caption="My poor baby"][/caption]

 

103.2 *

2 thermomoters broken

1 thermomomter lost

1 bottle of Motrin Jr consumed

1/2 box of Tylenol Jr consumed

1/2 bottle of Sudafed Cold and Cough for Children consumed

1/3 box of Sudafed Melt -A-Way Strips consumed

Vomiting

uhm. . . other stuff

6 nights of nights sweats

2 doctor visits

1 E.R visit

1 IV

2 blood tests

2 rapid strep tests

6 days of fevers

6 nights of no sleep

6 days of no fighting with siblings

6 days of quiet

6 days of drawing and reading

1 mono test

1 negative mono test

Too many prayers by good friends to count

48  hours fever free

24 hours of amazing fighting with siblings

24 hours of no drawing, no reading, no quiet

24 hours of glorious normalcy

And counting

1 tired but happy mama

6 comments:

  1. Just a really bad virus??? Poor thing. Buster was sick Sunday and Monday with some sort of stomach bug, but thankfully it was short-lived and no one else has gotten it.

    I'm glad she's feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I'm so glad she's better! I'm sorry I missed your call. Did they ever determine what she had?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad she's doing better! Was it just a virus?! That high of a fever would have made a nervous wreck!

    Good luck to you on recovering from all the missed sleep!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm learning that, while being sick, myself sucks (and I'm a total "male baby"), there truly is nothing worse than kids being sick.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to hear she is doing better. Try and get some sleep!

    ReplyDelete
  6. [...] all remember that Violet was very sick about 2 1/1 weeks ago with parvovirus. It went through John — although incredibly light, and [...]

    ReplyDelete