Thursday, August 4, 2011

Proud Mommy Moments

 

I'm linking up with Kmama over at The Daily Dribbles today for her 'Proud Mommy Moments' hop.  This parenting moment can be a, 'Yeah! I'm a great parent and I've actually got this gig down and my kid totally listens to me (at this moment in time)" or a, 'Yeaaahhh, I'm a great parent and I so DON'T have this gig down.'  Today I'm sharing a 'I DON'T have this gig down moment with you. Because somehow they seem to come more frequently, don't they?

My Grandmother is 83 years old. She is awesome. The kids adore her. And a while ago my darling John looked at her and asked, "Great Grandma? When are you going to die?" And it wasn't in a 'please don't go!" manner. It was in a 'Really. When?' manner. She, being awesome, said, "I guess when God decides he needs me. Is that OK?" John nodded. He's four. I keep reminding myself that he is four . . .

We're staying at my parent's house and they have a great sprinkler system. It's in ground and pops up and the kids think it's their own personal water park. Yesterday the sprinklers popped up, each kid ran to one, grabbed hold and took aim at each other. Then one of them yelled, "Dog fights!" as in the World War II fighter plane fights. Because they play this game on the computer with my husband. They played 'dog fights' for about 45 minutes. Yaaaayyyyy . . . .

Link up for more Proud Mommy Moments. Next time I'll include those times when I actually rock this mom deal!

 

6 comments:

  1. Haha!! My kids ask us all the time when we're going to die...but at least it's us and not old(er) people.

    I linked you up...the linky wasn't working this morning for some reason.

    Thanks for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol! Oh if only we all could get away with asking questions like that :). Great PMM, thanks for linking up with Kmama and I

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is too funny and it sounds like your Grandma took it all in stride. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is SO fun to watch, isn't it?? I mean, they were playing. for 45 minutes. and not asking for juice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lol. I love it. Are sprinklers not common?

    ReplyDelete
  6. We never water our lawn! And my dad's is huge and like a park. So they were in heaven.

    ReplyDelete