Friday, September 23, 2011

Hello, World!

We're going on vacation. Just my husband and me. Can you even stand it? To celebrate 10 years (in a row, as he says. He's all kinds of funny.) of wedded bliss, we are going to Colorado. My parents are coming in to do our job for 8 days (insert evil laugh).

While we relax.

(more evil laughter)

We're going to sit in the natural hot springs. He's going to fish. I'm going to window shop. We're going to spend some time with great friends.

We're going to spend time just being together.

I.cannot.wait.

I mean, I'm sad and anxious about leaving my children. I really am. But they'll be with my parents. And we did do this last year. So I know we're good.

And we need this. It's been a great year, yes.  I've been healthy for a year and a half, so we're not walking on egg shells any more. The tension and the stress are gone. We can simply enjoy each other and get to know each other again, the people we've become since this whole depression mess started after John was born.

Get to know each other again.

That is going to be lovely.

While I'm gone I have some rockin' guest posts lined up. ROCKING, I tell you. I'm not spilling any secrets, you'll have to tune in to find out. But just know that I'm beyond excited to have these bloggers here at my place. I've read all of them for over a year - since the early days of my blogging and it blows my mind that they each agreed to guest post over here. I'm all kinds of excited.

Remember when Josh and I had our little conversation? Yeah. Kinda like that.  When each of them agreed there was definite screaming and jumping involved. So . . . stay tuned.

10 comments:

  1. Hope you have a great time!!!!!! That sounds like so much fun!

    I've only ever left lboy for 1 night at a time & Todd is ready for us to plan a longer trip. Maybe you will get me brave enough!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Enjoy your vacation! And Happy Anniversary!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun!! You guys deserve this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so blessed to have such wonderful parents!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have an absolute blast!

    You'll be missed, but that will just make us want to know all the details all the more.

    Well, maybe not ALL the details ;-)

    Oh, who am I kidding, I want *those* details most of all :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's so nice to have time alone, time to talk without interruption. You guys should take a small trip before the second one arrives!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You crack me up. You know me, no details. Just a smile. :) We leave tomorrow morning! My parents get here today! I think the kids are more excited than we are!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so excited for you and your anniversary vacation. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete