Friday, September 2, 2011

I Never . . .

Thought I'd have wrinkles.

Or a spongy belly.

A speck of cellulite.

A soft neck.

Food in my hair.

Toes in need of a pedicure.

Mom jeans.

Or . . .

The complete love of my husband.

Three kids that think I know everything.

A messy house that was just cleaned.

Children that scream. With happiness. (and anger. Let's be honest.)

Girlfriends that surround me with love daily.

Family that I love and call my friends. (Kerry? I miss you.)

Complete gratitude.

Three kids that call me "Mommy."

Love for the Lord.

Happiness that wells up inside of me and overflows my heart every day.

 

My physical appearance and the appearance of my house has been on my mind a lot these past months. 'Appearances' and keeping them up have concerned me. When I stopped to take stock the other day I was surprised to find that every single thing I found that I didn't like was the result of a positive occurrence in my life. Laugh lines? I've never been so happy. A squishy, spongy belly? Three children in 5 years. A messy, loud house? The joy of those babes growing up and running around.

So I'll take it.

Although I have pitched the mom jeans.

 

 

 

 

8 comments:

  1. beautiful. i needed to read this today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good call on pitching the mom jeans! I was always told a messy house (not dirty, but messy) means happy kids. I'll go with that. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A messy house and a few wrinkles are small price to pay for all that joy. Glad you are living in the moment and saying screw you to 'appearances'!

    And glad the mom jeans are goners too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are one hot momma. The mom jeans definitely needed to be pitched. Miss you. Need to see you when things settle in to the school year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it. But yes, you're way too cute for the mom jeans :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sponge belly...so true, so frustrating. But I'm glad you pitched the Mom jeans, LOL! :) We Moms can wear the low riders for as long as we want!!! I think I rock them pretty good if I do say so myself--and you do too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll see you on Friday, right?? And thanks, from one hot mama to another!

    ReplyDelete