Monday, September 5, 2011

You, With Your Words Like Knives . . .

I know.

I know that while I was at my lowest, you didn't really support me.

I know that while I was in a ball, curled and crying on the floor, you complained about helping me.

I know that while I was just a shell of my former self you talked about me behind my back.

I know that you helped me. I know that.

But I also know that you were bitching about me the entire time.

I know that this is my secret to carry.

Awe.some.

I know that with God's help I will forgive.

But I also know that I know the truth.

Good to know.

10 comments:

  1. Ugh! That has to be one of my biggest pet peeves, people who help and then complain about helping the whole time they are helping! Really? Then why do they bother? I know you needed support, but how supportive is it really when you feel like a burden to someone else? I'm so sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :(

    I'm right here with you. I so am.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I can so relate, I am in the same place in so many ways.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate that I know this but I do. So powerful. Know that there are good people out there standing right beside you. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so Much, Kimberly. It truly means a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, and I wish you didn't know.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not sure what happened, or how, or who this is about . . . but it's a horrible, horrible feeling.

    I hate asking for help, in the first place - to receive help, but to know that the helper resents helping? That would crush me.

    (((hug)))

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sometimes people just....SUCK!

    ReplyDelete