Wednesday, October 26, 2011

It's Not a Tumor. It's a Zit.

Violet wants to wear a band aid to school.

On her face.

Because she has a pimple.

She's eight.

So. This is happening. She's growing up. I know logically that one little (OK, kinda medium to biggish) pimple doesn't launch us into the tween years, but it sure feels like it does. When I told her what it was, she was pretty calm about it. We put a warm compress on it and the worst of it was over. I thought.

Ha!

Three kids at school have asked her what it is. She told them it was a bug bite.

I tweeted, texted and googled. I found some products by Ottilie & Lulu specifically made for tween skin care that weren't promoting make up use (Hello Wal-mart) or pushing the girls to look all tarted up. The models on the website were fresh faced and adorable.

So Violet got her very first skin care products.

::Headexplosion::