Monday, October 31, 2011

Nerves

So, Diana over at Hormonal Imbalances asked if I wanted to join in that blog everyday for a month deal. I can't remember the abbreviation, it's 5:30 in the morning and I'm honestly not in the mood to look it up. Anyway, I excitedly said yes.

Now I'm freaking my freak out. Blog every.single.day for one month. I'm doing pretty good if I manage to get time in for every other day.  But, I think it will be a good exercise in getting my mind working, pushing myself and making me really talk about all those things I hesitate to talk about. I've also been stalking some of your blogs this weekend - and plan on stalking more - for ideas. Is that wrong? John's 'Stream of Consciousness' posts are always so thoughtful and thought provoking, I wonder if mine would be same. Jodi at A Darker Shade of Blue provides so much researched information that I always leave there wondering if I could research a post to that extent. Molly at a Day in Mollywood talks so frankly about her struggle with depression that it makes me question if I'm doing the same thing. Kimberly over at Mommy Go Something Something does the same.  Diana talks about such a variety of topics.

So in the next month I hope to stretch and learn about myself as a blogger while also learning something about me. Let's see how it goes.

10 comments:

  1. Good luck! It's hard to blog everyday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm doing this too. And I'm nervous about it. I spent the weekend prepping several posts because I want to make sure I post something of quality every day. Good luck...I know you can do it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woohooo! I'll be reading! Feel free to throw in a Groban post if all else fails ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You'll do it -- if you really falter, you can always google "writing prompts" and then use that like a magic 8-ball (just keep going until you get the result you want . . . that's how magic 8-balls work, right?).

    When all else fails, write about how incredibly sexy your find me your husband. Or how cute your kids are. Or what you wanted to be when you were a kid.

    My stream of consciousness posts? They're just "I have five minutes, and here's what's on my brain." Even when there's nothing there, as soon as I write "there's nothing there," something else comes up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. that's exactly what I did this weekend! Good luck to you, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm going to try the strem of consciousness AND just post it. Soon. Wish me luck.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dude! I'm with you! I'm nervous too... but I've already given myself permission to stop by with a photo and two sentences and call it a WIN. Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh IT'S ON. It is SO on. We are doing this and we are going to rock the NaBloPoMo socks clean off.

    ReplyDelete