Monday, February 6, 2012

Because God Has A Sense of Humor

God has a sense of humor. I've known this for awhile. But last Sunday? Oh, he showed me all over again just what a fun guy he is. Never let it be said that God isn't paying attention to every.single.thing we do and say.


So, here I was all Judgey McJudgerson about bra's and 3rd graders. Remember?


Well.


Last Sunday Violet had on a demure white shirt. She took off her coat. My eyes popped. My heart thumped. My  palms got sweaty and I *may* have started to cry a little. May.


My baby is growing up.


She needs a training bra.


And because I was judgey only a month ago, I knew that God was watching and smiling.


Stupid judgey self.


Although, she won't be getting a blue satin padded bra. Thankyouverymuch.

9 comments:

  1. There is a big difference between a training bra - a small, innocent thing - and a blue padded satin bra!! How old is Violet again? Would just an undershirt still work?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're going with cami's until the summer. At that point she won't want to wear two complete layers, so we'll move into a true training bra. No padded stuff here! OH, and Target didn't have a.single. training bra. ALL of them were padded and patterened. All sexy for little girls. Major fail.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is a HUGE difference between the white training bra (mine had the sweetest little bow on it) and a PADDED SATIN bra from Victoria Secret.

    My Target has a large amount of work-out clothing for girls (is that really necessary????) maybe you could find a cotton sports bra....

    Please excuse me while I take a moment to thank God that he granted me boys ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Third grade is about the age I started wearing bras (training bras, of course, or camis like y'all are doing). I can understand where you're coming from- my mom was like NOOOO when we went "bra shopping" for the first time, but in the end, it's better than her needing one and not knowing anything about them OR being the last one in her class to start wearing them. You're doing the right thing, Kim.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I cannot think rationally about my daughter ever needing a bra . . . yet, it seems that every time I go to Target, I end up in an aisle of clothes, and the only thing around me are training bras. I really, really want to know how this happens again & again & again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Keren. I know you're right about the timing. It's just so incredibly hard to believe. I'm sure I'll be all 'NOOOOO' too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. lol.
    And the work out clothes for little girls? Yeah, I've got a problem with that, too. I think I'm going to take her to Macy's and buy her two or three, go out to lunch. Make it an event. Maybe that will be easier on me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. She's got some little cami's that I just bought for her, but for the summer I think she's going to need a training bra - it would be so hot to wear a cami and t-shirt/tank top every day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. [...] then here I mentioned how God has a sense of humor because Violet needs [...]

    ReplyDelete