Tuesday, March 27, 2012

I Get By With A Little Help From My Friends

I have friendships that stretch from Texas to Massachusetts. Michigan to Delaware. Pennsylvania to Ohio. Colorado and back. And all of you here out in blogosphere.

They are wonderful, strong women. Quick witted and intelligent. Funny and supportive. There with a shoulder to cry on and a stern "Stand up and fight" when I need it. They are beautiful inside and out. They are kind and loving, fun and mine.

We have girls nights and long conversations on the phone when distance and time constraints prevents us from getting together. We text when even a phone conversation isn't possible. Even the smallest, "Hey, thinking of you" brightens my day from one of these women. We cry and laugh together over big things and little things. We celebrate successes and hug a

I am so very blessed.

So when I encounter a group of women who fail at all of things?

I need to move on.

The End.

 

10 comments:

  1. I'd say you're very, very blessed -- and I'm glad to hear it - you deserve friends like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes yes yes, and then - those who fail at it? you're right to move on. your time is better spend with people who you enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got that right. Why waste your time on someone who is not that good of a friend?
    Ps. When I first glanced at the title of your post I thought it read "I Get By with a little herpes....." Yea, I need some serious sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Exactly. Also: you crack me up :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. First off, laughing at the herpes comment...

    And those women are a huge fail. Unbeknownst to them we text vicious things behind their snotty backs and so they're not as awesome as they think they are.

    Keep that head of the firm card handy, I'm telling you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those texts save my sanity!

    ReplyDelete
  7. And now I have to text you :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay!! I love when you and I text. :)

    ReplyDelete