Tuesday, July 31, 2012

And A Big "Thank You" To All Of You

Thank you all for the prayers and positive thoughts you sent our way when Violet was in the hospital. We felt them and they encouraged us in the truest sense.

On Monday night, Violet and I were laying in her hospital bed and her headache was terrible, she was crying and begging to go home. As I tried to explain why we couldn't go home, I grabbed my phone and started showing her all the FaceBook messages, the tweets from strangers and the text messages from near and far, all saying they were praying for her. She was even put on a prayer list in Alabama. Seeing all this, all these people praying for her really encouraged her. She looked at me and said, "All those people are talking to Jesus about me?"

Yes, yes they were.

So thank you.

As an update: Violet did not have viral meningitis, she has an virus called enterovirus that looks like and acts like  meningitis. We spent 2 1/2 days at A.I Dupont Hospital for Children (who are amazing, like you wouldn't believe, just amazing.) getting her headache under control. It was so frightening, but I truly felt the prayers -- I stayed calm, so obviously God listened. I kept asking for strength and peace, and that is exactly what I received.

We are home now, my mom flew in and has been a huge help with the kids. Violet tires easily and has a residual headache, but you know kids -- you can't keep them quiet for long.

Once again, thank you all.

6 comments:

  1. I had no idea Violet was sick! I'm so glad everything turned out okay for you guys. How scary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad she's on the road . . . I can't even begin to imagine myself in your shoes during all of that.

    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im so glad your girl is ok. I've been thinking about you guys. How scared you must have been. Hugs to you too, lady!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy to hear she's doing better. Tell her there's a little girl in Michigan that says a prayer for her every night.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No thanks required. Her being home is thanks enough

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad she is ok! That must have been terrifying for all of you.

    ReplyDelete