Tuesday, November 15, 2011

It's A Seinfeld-ian World

Remember Seinfeld? Oh, how I adored that show. I'll watch re-runs of it now for hours when I find them. Do you remember how Jerry, George and Elaine always had weird, absurd reasons for breaking up with or never seeing girls/guys again? There was the woman with 'man hands,' the 'mouth breather,' the woman who ate her peas with a fork, and on.

The other day I was talking with Diana at Hormonal Imbalances (becuase, yes, we talk every day. It's like a rule.) and remembered a guy I'd had one date with. And the reason I'd never gone out with him again.

He ordered a strawberry daiquiry.

Thus this post was formulated.

Other *really* good, legitimate reasons I refused second dates:

*The guy wore the same cologne as my first boyfriend

*He wore a 'girly' shirt

* He mentioned a second date (I didn't like him assuming? I don't know)

*He didn't mention a second date (but he called, so . . .)

*He was prettier than me

* He had a booger on his face when he picked me up

* He sang along to the radio to songs he didn't know

Gah. Remember that for the majority of these I was in college. I was young, stupid and there were guys everywhere. Later, after I graduated from college and was in the real world my reasons for not dating a guy became truly legitimate. This is the reasoning of a young girl who was probably drinking at some point when she made these decisions. Especially since the one guy I did date steadily in college was five years younger than me (he was a freshman and I was a senior. He'd been at prom that summer. I'd been doing internsips), not very smart, really pretty and crazy immature. So . . . yeah. This list *totally* makes sense.

What is the weirdest reason you've never seen a guy/girl again?

*

6 comments:

  1. I've dated a woman who was taller than me, so that discounts that theory, and I've dated a girl with the same name of my sister.

    However, I didn't go on a second date with a girl because I couldn't stand the pitch of her laugh. And another one who I got a "she wants a place to live" vibe from.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've not gone out on a second date because the guy talked the entire first date about his mother. He was the classic mama's boy and i ran for the hills.

    Another guy didn't get a third date cause he only tipped the perfectly competent waitress at the restaurant the change from the bill. Like less than 2% and I thought that was bad manners.

    I refused to get back together with a guy because he had no chin. Out of all the other reasons we weren't meant to be I just kept picturing have kids with no chins and it freaked me out.

    There's SO many more. I've dated so winners. But I will say if they didn't get Seinfeld we weren't together for very long if at all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG...I wish I would of written them all down when they happened. But here are a few...these are all different guys 1) he kept calling me dude 2) he still lived at home at 40 3) he chewed his food funny 4) he could never plan a date 5) he was to broke to take me on a date 6) he kept trying to tell me how to do things (ie play golf, pool and I beat him at both!!!) 7) he wanted to drive 6 hours in a 2 seat truck on a hot summer day to take pictures of flowers (this guy later sued me for powerwashing my deck!!) 8)he ate food off my plate without asking 9) he sent me flowers to work after our 2nd date...got more but to embarrassed to write more since I went through " men like a deck of cards" according to my Mom!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad to know I'm not alone in this . . . all those reasons were completely valid!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She wants a place to live . . . yeah. I'd be running, fast!

    ReplyDelete